Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mickey's Speedway USA; May Game of the Month
Topic Started: May 1 2017, 09:39 AM (194 Views)
Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Rip Ridge Racer

So I was really more of a PS2 & Gamecube kid growing up since I was born in 97 (3 days after Diddy Kong Racing came out in fact) but the n64 was the first console I played. My parents basically gave me theirs and my cousin had a blue Pikachu one of his own. Combined we didn't have many games

Mario 64
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Toy Story 2
Rugrats Scavenger Hunt
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
Hey you Pikachu
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium 1 + 2
Mortal Kombat 4 - Lost in a field and/or creek
Bass Hunter 64 - never played
NASCAR 99 - never played
Donkey Kong 64 - Never found the first level

Goldeneye - Wasn't allowed to play
Turok - Wasn't allowed to play

And Mickey's Speedway USA which the only one I have actual nostalgia for and probably the only game that makes me feel that way, even if that feeling dwindles each passing month. If people feel this way about every game from their childhood it's no wonder they want to revisit them over and over. I can actually feel something from my childhood when I play unlike all the rest of those games which I view with a strictly adult mind. Speedway was great for my young mind who had never experienced a kart racer before. I love the menu music and despite being annoying as hell I like all the character voice lines that constantly play (which you can turn off in the menu you freaking whiners).

Speaking objectively though it's obviously not as good a game as it could have been and if you played Diddy Kong Racing or Mario Kart 64 when they came out then it's no wonder it's disappointing. It's easy as hell even on Professional and it has very few control nuances to master since it was made exclusively for very young children, Once Mario Kart Double Dash came out I didn't play Mickey Speedway for more than 10 years but I still like it quite a bit.
Posted Image
Posted Image I only partially like some of you
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Generation One Game of the Month Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply