Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
SNES Mini; What games would you include?
Topic Started: May 2 2017, 02:59 PM (2,451 Views)
ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
kartmaster
Oct 4 2017, 07:22 AM
I haven't really noticed any major lag. Night and day compared to the Wii U Virtual Console which had some real issues with that.
This gives me hope for when the N64 mini rolls around that theyíre not just sticking the VC games on there but working to emulate them again.

Apparently there was a frame issue with smash bros 64 on the Wii VC - not an issue for me and Grizzmeister but it kept the VC version from being used in tournaments by the competitive scene. Iíd love for the N64 mini to make a bunch of new copies readily available - the original game could use some more exposure (in my humble opinion)
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
NERD - Nintendo European Research and Development - is making all of Nintendo's emulation software these days. They handled the SNES emulator on the New 3DS series, the DS emulator on the Wii U, and they've done the Classics. They seem to do good work, so I suspect the N64 emulator will be good. Wouldn't be surprised if they try to remove the AA blur.
Edited by The White Falcon, Oct 4 2017, 11:48 AM.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
1 down, Starfox2 to go.

Posted Image
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Just received a package this afternoon from amazon.co.uk - was rather confused as I actually forgot all about it until now!

A relative from overseas!

Posted Image

What's funny is that, even with shipping from the UK, it actually cost LESS than the one I purchased directly from my local Target last week!!

(And though the US SNES will always hold a place in my heart, I've always thought the PAL/JP SNES had the superior form factor.)
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
The jpn release just happened yeaterday, and they got promo tote bags in addition to buying the console.

Posted Image

Honestly, what the hell happened to promo stuff like this around the rest of the world??
Edited by No64DD, Oct 7 2017, 05:44 AM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
That is awesome! Love all that cool stuff Japan gets!
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
Iím so jealous of all you guys right now.

Cabanon
Elite
that bag is pretty cool !

gamerjerome
Member Avatar
Established Member
Having a lot of fun with mine. There were a bunch of games I also wish it came with. But.... hakchi2 is working on the SNES now so I loaded up more games :)

Posted Image

Edited by gamerjerome, Oct 9 2017, 07:56 PM.
Twitter - Youtube - Collection

Controllers - Boxed US (8/8) - Blister (7/7)
Games - Sealed - (9) - Boxed (79) - Lose (77)
Grey Variants - (9/14)

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
That's so appropriate because Killer Instinct really should have been included in the SNES Mini's lineup. :yeah:

Don't get me wrong, I think the SNES Mini has a spectacular lineup but KI was a glaring omission.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Being playing the snes classic which is alot of fun, Gamexplain has video about suspended points https://youtu.be/nX5Dgk2qiwU. But so far being playing the yoshi's island which similar to gba version but some stuff are different like minigames close upon entering of a stage and two player minigames with a button combo and also playing the super mario kart aswell.
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Good to hear everybody is enjoying their SNES Mini's. They look so awesome! I have been playing a few of the games Super Mario Kart, Street Fighter II Turbo but mainly started a new game on Mario World. I've not played it in so long I am a bit rusty remembering where all the short cuts are etc but it's fun and I am sure I will work then out soon enough.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Cabanon
Elite
it's been cracked. some games dont work for now but it's based on the same NES MINI software emulation, so it wasnt too hard to figure out for hackers I guess.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Beat Super Castlevania IV 💀

I never played this game before. This was a good example of using the rewind feature to redo little mistakes. Great game! Some of the best music i've ever heard as well.

Posted Image
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
So I was at my regular Gamestop I think it was last week; they had three snes minis just sitting there! :D

Picked one up but my grandmaís gonna give it to me for Christmas so itís sitting in its box right now. Canít wait though :)

Looking forward to playing the built in games, as well as using the snes controllers for Mario Kart 8 on Wii U, and hopefully the NES classic games in 2018 when they come back in stock :)

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
ItalianBaptist
Oct 27 2017, 10:17 AM
So I was at my regular Gamestop I think it was last week; they had three snes minis just sitting there! :D

Picked one up but my grandmaís gonna give it to me for Christmas so itís sitting in its box right now. Canít wait though :)

Looking forward to playing the built in games, as well as using the snes controllers for Mario Kart 8 on Wii U, and hopefully the NES classic games in 2018 when they come back in stock :)
Thatís awesome! I donít suppose if they still have one youíd be willing to pick one up for me? Lol

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
I wish I could but they sold out during my work shift that day

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
New developments - purchased 2 wireless controllers from Gamestop. Looking forward to trying them out on the snes but tested them with a wii remote and everything seems to be working ok.

On the whole I prefer multiplayer games over single player so I'll probably be looking to get an NES mini this summer when they rerelease. In the meantime, what are the better multiplayer games on the SNES mini? I'm interested in what Secret of Mana co-op has to offer, and of course there's Super Mario Kart but I'm spoiled with 4-player since N64 was my first console ever.

DABOMBEVERYPLAY
Member Avatar
Hey just dropping in to give my idea for hypothetical next Classic console, the Gameboy mini!

Spoiler: click to toggle
Favorite Game: Super Mario 64

Favorite Level: Hazy Maze Cave

Least Favorite Level: Dire, Dire Docks

windydoom
I want one

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Interesting to read up on everyone's experience with the SNES Classic so far. I had no problem getting one myself as I was working at Walmart at the time and we received 24 of them for the release. Originally I was going to come back that evening after getting off work and going home to eat and change clothes but I had a financial discrepancy with my plasma donation debit card and I was led to believe, mistakenly, that I had insufficient funds to purchase the little nostalgia box so I decided to stay home and worry about grabbing one down the road. They did prove to be available consistently with almost weekly shipments right up to Christmas. Anyway, a friend and co-worker of mine stayed after work in the line that had formed and grabbed two and ended up giving me the extra one. I told him I would pay him back and he waved me off saying it was a Christmas gift. I was stunned but it meant I managed to get one on the first day without having to wait in any lines.

So far I've played some DKC and Super Mario World, while my daughter and I had a couple two player nights with Super Mario Kart and Street Fighter II Turbo. I need to play it more but I have a major backlog covering so much that the Classic is just being absorbed into it. Still, I love the look and feel of it and I'm overjoyed to have a little slice of the 90s back in my life.

Also, on the subject of how it compares to other ways you can play SNES games today, I have no complaints. I think it looks better than it's counterparts through the Wii's homebrew options but I can't be sure about other venues. One thing for sure, though: it looks great to me.

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
Just got one, finally, last week. Hoping to play it this weekend!

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Friends have been telling me that they've seen SNES Classic Editions out in the wild from time to time. That probably explains why the Craig's List scalpers have been dropping their prices here in Raleigh.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
They've been a lot more prevalent on store shelves here in Joplin, Missouri, too. I see them in Walmart about every other week. Not sure if this is because Nintendo delivered on the promise that they would be produced in higher volumes than the NES Classic or if perhaps a little of the nostalgic sheen has wore off this time around.

Speaking of, the NES Classic production was supposed to be restarted this year but haven't heard anything about when, or even if, that is still happening.

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
The Famicom Mini has been reappearing in Japan, so I would say ďsoonĒ on the NES.

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
I heard June for the NES classic

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I wish Nintendo would just start selling their Mini consoles directly from their online store. It'd probably be easier for the company to offer additional controllers that way. Undoubtedly some people would like to have backups in case the ones that ship with their Mini wear out. Also, us Wii owners would love to have official Nintendo brand NES and SNES controllers, that are compatible with the Wii-mote, at an affordable price. Dealing with the extortionists on sites like Amazon and eBay drains all the fun out of buying peripherals for people like me. :-/

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: