Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Oh Photobucket; I can't quit you!
Topic Started: May 23 2017, 11:01 AM (1,743 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
From time to time, Photobucket.com experiences issues, which in turn, messes with our site because many of our images, including photos and the green thumb, are stored there.

We have no affiliation with Photobucket and during such times, we can only ask that you remain patient and ride it out with us. Say what you will about Photobucket, they do fix their issues and do so sooner rather than later.

So if this site is not performing for you now or in the future in the manner you have come to know and love, please bear this in mind.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Ok, okay.

puts pitchfork down

:D

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Yeah quite bizarre what is happening one minute it is working exceptionally well the next it's terrible. Strange! Hopefully it can be sorted soon. We love that green thumb business, especially No64DD.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
@Milage,
yeah, i do okay. ^_^

I'm not having any issues at the moment. Photobucket could do without all of the tenacious clickbait though, especially when using mobile devices.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
bluedogrulez
May 23 2017, 11:01 AM
From time to time, Photobucket.com experiences issues
Technically true. Sorry couldn't resist. Anyway how about his Tennessee rain :nope:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
@Shellshocker very wet out your way then? Just get a nice whiskey down you you'll be alright! Nice JD :dance:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Photobucket is a train wreck. :lol:

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Grizz has got more guts than I
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I've been using PB for years but it's gotten really bad over the last few. I'm just too lazy to start an account with another photo sharing site which is why I still keep using it.
Edited by Grizzmeister, May 27 2017, 07:03 PM.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
I have thousands of photo on PB and just the thought of retrieving 'em all gives me headache. just use chrome+ad block and you'll be fine.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Thanks for the advice! I added SuperBlock Pro (mostly because it's free :lol: ) to Chrome and Photobucket seems to be a little bit better now. :yeah:

Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Grizzmeister
May 27 2017, 07:03 PM
I've been using PB for years but it's gotten really bad over the last few. I'm just too lazy to start an account with another photo sharing site which is why I still keep using it.
Same here.

Too busy, and when I'm not busy, can't be arsed and doesn't seem worth the effort.

I think I've actually had my photobucket for over 10 years now.😮

Rocky
Member Avatar
Oh the irony.... :-8

Posted Image

$400 to upgrade for 3rd party hosting. Time to switch to Imgur/Flickr ;)
Edited by Rocky, Jun 29 2017, 08:48 PM.
Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Rocky I would thumbs up your comment if I could find the button for it so just have this :yeah:

Actually I found it. Hey if I was the kind of person who gains satisfaction by telling people photobucket sucked at least now I have a tangible reason. $400 for that laggy trash. But I'm not that kind of person so I won't say that
Edited by Shellshocker18, Jun 29 2017, 11:00 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Hi Guys, I just woke up to this problem. Unbelievable. So much so that I cannot believe it. Staff is reviewing......
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Man.. this again, hope for best you will resolve it soon.
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC
Posted Image

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
I'd just ask for some patience on this issue. There are hundreds/thousands of images that all of a sudden need to be re-uploaded somewhere else, and urls updated in the site config. No matter what the solution, this is going to be a ton of work for our admins.
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I hear you Rocky. :facepalm:
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Get stuffed photobucket!!!

I do have a Flickr account and quite like it.

Time for it to get some love?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/djcat/3619866394/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/djcat/

Rocky
Member Avatar
Yea I'm starting to think Flickr would be the optimal choice for the hosting exodus. It's less popular than Imgur (which is a good thing) and it's stable/well supported. It's what I used for the N64 Cartridge Scan Repository.
Edited by Rocky, Jun 30 2017, 12:44 PM.
Posted Image

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
As a precaution, I've gone and moved all the standard icons that my theme uses to Imgur. Previously some of these were linked to Norcal's PhotoBucket account which seems to still be working correctly for now, perhaps he has a paid account. The 'like' button is the only problem I can see with his theme, so that will have to be changed. Here's an album to them if it is of any use to the other theme creaters they can use these links:
http://imgur.com/a/Sn2X7

I've also taken the liberty of re-hosting the previous award banners for 2015 and 2016, which seem to be the only years affected, if people would like to change their signatures they can find them here:
http://imgur.com/a/mJ2IO

Finally, it's probably worth mentioning that the URLs for the site N64forever.com / N64forever.net haven't been working since March. Not sure if there's anything that can be done about that.
Edited by danilochka, Jun 30 2017, 01:20 PM.
Posted Image

Rocky
Member Avatar
danilochka
Jun 30 2017, 01:15 PM
Finally, it's probably worth mentioning that the URLs for the site N64forever.com / N64forever.net haven't been working since March. Not sure if there's anything that can be done about that.
Hmm...both of those urls are working for me.
Posted Image

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
Ah you're right both URLs are working fine now, which is one less thing to worry about
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
I have the green thumb in my photobucket account. Come to think of it, I think I have it saved on my work computer. I can save it to a new flickr account on monday.

@danilocha: great foresight! Thank you!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tyree_Cooper
Member Avatar
Established Member
Sounds like fu*ktobucket :money: . Hope you'll manage to find a better service. :blasphemy bat:

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Thank you danilochka and Rocky for the assistance. :yeah:

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
danilocha has restored our green thumbs! thank u!!!

Old avatar url: http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/bluedogrulez/17695dc5.jpg

QUESTION: My flickr url links start with https. which is fouling things up, because the update avatar button automatically places an http in front. any advice?
Edited by bluedogrulez, Jul 1 2017, 08:24 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rocky
Member Avatar
bluedogrulez
Jul 1 2017, 08:04 AM
danilocha has restored our green thumbs! thank u!!!

Old avatar url: http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/bluedogrulez/17695dc5.jpg

QUESTION: My flickr url links start with https. which is fouling things up, because the update avatar button automatically places an http in front. any advice?
Your original image is too big! :phear:

Here is a re-sized link, paste this into the "use url" field: c1.staticflickr.com/5/4122/35653094465_f0f0896d17_o.jpg
Edited by Rocky, Jul 1 2017, 11:41 AM.
Posted Image

Xephyrian
Member Avatar
Master Chief of the Universe
I would definitely recommend Imgur for online image hosting. It's always up and isn't bloated with ads, even on mobile.
Posted Image

Cabanon
Elite
moving all photo to another site is a complete major PITA. I have 50+ sub-folder that each need to be downloaded individually in zip file and that's when it's working. what a boatload of crap. the site is still working good here, which is very odd but I have 2600+ photo that need to be backed up. I guess i'll keep them on my PC in case they get deleted by photobucket.

I dont know where that 400$ comes from, but I didnt get the email saying that.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Forum Rules and Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: