Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Oh Photobucket; I can't quit you!
Topic Started: May 23 2017, 11:01 AM (2,062 Views)
Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Time to start moving my pictures. Photobucket just sent me the email asking for $400 to host my pics. Guess I gotta start an Imgur account now. What a pain! :-/
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Photobucket sent me an email this morning advising as to how photos on Photobucket accounts can be downloaded to your computer:

1. Login to PB account
2. Navigate to your library page (Note: close out several pop-up ads. PB is a sellout!!)
3. View a photo and click the download button (note: there is a download album option)
4. Photo is saved to your computer.

I will be retrieving many photos so I can transfer them to Flickr and re-upload here. Hope folks will take some time to do the same.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Wish I could but my computer went down last November. Wish Photobucket wasn't being like this right now.

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Where did Photobucket go wrong? How come other picture hosting sites don't need to charge $400 a year for third party hosting but Photobucket thinks it does? How much longer will PB be around? Obviously their latest action has alienated lots of people who used the service.

Just imagine what would happen if YouTube started charging to host videos! :o
Edited by Grizzmeister, Jul 24 2017, 12:34 PM.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
It is a good question, Grizz. You can tell by the number of pop-up ads PB added that they were hurting for revenue...those ads actually interfered with use of the site both from a desk top and even more so on mobile.

But who is the genius who thought they'd make more revenue by demanding $400 without warning (which no one will pay) than $5-$20 from a bunch of folks that would figure that was fair given the free ride to date?!?!? I think PB will soon be gone due to this grievous error in marketing judgment (and fairness!)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
The entire Photobucket affair has re-taught me an important lesson, "there's no such thing as a free lunch". :rollseyes:

Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Wow I cannot believe it!!! Gawh... all the pictures have to be redone!! Man..... was a tedious waste. Maybe I will start fresh with an official collection gallery.
"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Any suggestions on which photo hosting site is a good alternative to Photobucket now that they're being horrible? I see people mentioning Imgur, Flickr, etc. I thought PB was pretty easy to use and navigate and to share from and I'd like to avoid a service that will make a dumb dumb like me seem even dumber.

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
The Red Shadow
Jan 23 2018, 02:21 PM
Any suggestions on which photo hosting site is a good alternative to Photobucket now that they're being horrible? I see people mentioning Imgur, Flickr, etc. I thought PB was pretty easy to use and navigate and to share from and I'd like to avoid a service that will make a dumb dumb like me seem even dumber.
Iím pretty dumb when it comes to this Red. I need something that is user friendly for idiots. Something that is quick, easy, reliable and something you can do quickly on an iPhone. I use Imgur and it works a treat. Personally, I would recommend that.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
I've been using flickr, and have been pretty happy.
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Flickr is pretty good. After uploading a photo, you have to hit the arrow button, copy the embed link, paste it, and then delete all but the second part, which starts and ends with img....unless someone knows an easier way....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Tiny pic is super easy to upload and they have the IMG code ready to copy and paste! No erasing :yeah:

Flicker and Imgur seemed complicated to me? Lol
"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Posted Image

jonebone
Member Avatar
I've been using Flickr too, works great for me. There's a slight adjustment to learning any new service but it is really straightforward once you use it a couple of times.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Yeah, I need to work out what to use in future, unless photobucket comes good all of a sudden.

I just want to look at a bunch of dumb old stuff I uploaded like funny Smash Bros and Animal Crossing screenshots...

Rocky
Member Avatar
D.J Cat
Jan 24 2018, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I need to work out what to use in future, unless photobucket comes good all of a sudden.

I just want to look at a bunch of dumb old stuff I uploaded like funny Smash Bros and Animal Crossing screenshots...
I'm pretty sure the stuff you uploaded would be fine still if you log in and look at your library. The problem comes when you hotlink it on another website and the image doesn't come through.
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
@Rocky: I've probably already mentioned it on the past, but dammmmmm I love that Paper Mario reference of an avatar 😊

And yeah, maybe I need to log in and save all the good pics...
That sounds like something I don't have time for 😆

1985gamer
Member Avatar
If anyone is using Chrome this is a COMPLETE FIX for photobucket woes:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

If you don't believe me, check out this thread before and after installing:

http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/9022721/1/

You're welcome.
Edited by 1985gamer, Jan 26 2018, 01:43 AM.

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Nice one, installed and it worked :yeah:
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Will it work for those of us who are poor suckers who have to use a phone for this?

I clicked on "add to desktop"

We will see...

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Caution, some users of that program are experiencing browser slow down after using for a day or so.

In related news, photobucket sent me an email trying to sell me on a new plan that would allow photo sharing on forums for the price of $99.99/year. That is $99.98 more than I am willing to give those donkeys, unless it was a red cent, in which case, NOTHING FOR THEM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Haha that made me chuckle BDR. Just move on from these pirates now guys itís all about Imgur. Photobucket is so yesterday. <_>
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Milage007
Jan 26 2018, 12:48 PM
Haha that made me chuckle BDR. Just move on from these pirates now guys itís all about Imgur. Photobucket is so yesterday. <_>
I think for some of us it's more about the 100s if not 1000s of pics that were uploaded there in the past, I recall some from 12+ years ago.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I've decided upon Flickr since I've long had a Yahoo account and it "appears" to be simple to use. I can't use it yet, though, as the battery on my Sony Handycam appears to have died while I was unable to use it for over a year. It's always something.

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
D.J Cat
Jan 26 2018, 08:48 PM
Milage007
Jan 26 2018, 12:48 PM
I think for some of us it's more about the 100s if not 1000s of pics that were uploaded there in the past, I recall some from 12+ years ago.
Yeah I do understand and sympathise with that. I have lost a fair few pictures. Ones I hadnít backed up either. But I have just accepted it has gone and moved on if you know what I mean. Adapted. But I get people out there will have had way more than what I had and that could and will prove to be infinitely more frustrating.
Edited by Milage007, Jan 27 2018, 01:53 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Chrome is running very badly for me now so guess i'll have to remove the extension
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

1985gamer
Member Avatar
buddy1983
Jan 27 2018, 04:46 AM
Chrome is running very badly for me now so guess i'll have to remove the extension
That's a shame, I havn't noticed any I'll effects. What issues are you having?

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Awesome. I installed it and will see how it does for me. Thanks, 1985gamer :yeah:

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
@1985 it keeps making chrome run extremely slow and crashes.
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I deleted the extension as well. I got a lot of slow down after a few days, although no crashes thankfully. And, in the end, having that extension wasn't too important for me as most of my photos saved to photobucket were just past game pickups that I shared here.

Cabanon
Elite
bluedogrulez
Jan 26 2018, 12:34 PM
Caution, some users of that program are experiencing browser slow down after using for a day or so.

In related news, photobucket sent me an email trying to sell me on a new plan that would allow photo sharing on forums for the price of $99.99/year. That is $99.98 more than I am willing to give those donkeys, unless it was a red cent, in which case, NOTHING FOR THEM.
99$ is better than 400$.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Forum Rules and Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: