Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Oh Photobucket; I can't quit you!
Topic Started: May 23 2017, 11:01 AM (1,308 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
From time to time, Photobucket.com experiences issues, which in turn, messes with our site because many of our images, including photos and the green thumb, are stored there.

We have no affiliation with Photobucket and during such times, we can only ask that you remain patient and ride it out with us. Say what you will about Photobucket, they do fix their issues and do so sooner rather than later.

So if this site is not performing for you now or in the future in the manner you have come to know and love, please bear this in mind.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Hi Guys, I just woke up to this problem. Unbelievable. So much so that I cannot believe it. Staff is reviewing......
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
I have the green thumb in my photobucket account. Come to think of it, I think I have it saved on my work computer. I can save it to a new flickr account on monday.

@danilocha: great foresight! Thank you!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
danilocha has restored our green thumbs! thank u!!!

Old avatar url: http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/bluedogrulez/17695dc5.jpg

QUESTION: My flickr url links start with https. which is fouling things up, because the update avatar button automatically places an http in front. any advice?
Edited by bluedogrulez, Jul 1 2017, 08:24 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Photobucket sent me an email this morning advising as to how photos on Photobucket accounts can be downloaded to your computer:

1. Login to PB account
2. Navigate to your library page (Note: close out several pop-up ads. PB is a sellout!!)
3. View a photo and click the download button (note: there is a download album option)
4. Photo is saved to your computer.

I will be retrieving many photos so I can transfer them to Flickr and re-upload here. Hope folks will take some time to do the same.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
It is a good question, Grizz. You can tell by the number of pop-up ads PB added that they were hurting for revenue...those ads actually interfered with use of the site both from a desk top and even more so on mobile.

But who is the genius who thought they'd make more revenue by demanding $400 without warning (which no one will pay) than $5-$20 from a bunch of folks that would figure that was fair given the free ride to date?!?!? I think PB will soon be gone due to this grievous error in marketing judgment (and fairness!)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Flickr is pretty good. After uploading a photo, you have to hit the arrow button, copy the embed link, paste it, and then delete all but the second part, which starts and ends with img....unless someone knows an easier way....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Caution, some users of that program are experiencing browser slow down after using for a day or so.

In related news, photobucket sent me an email trying to sell me on a new plan that would allow photo sharing on forums for the price of $99.99/year. That is $99.98 more than I am willing to give those donkeys, unless it was a red cent, in which case, NOTHING FOR THEM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Forum Rules and Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply