Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nintendo at E3 at NOON NYC time; What will Big N Reveal?
Topic Started: Jun 13 2017, 04:01 AM (333 Views)
Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
sanni
Jun 13 2017, 06:24 AM
I wish for a stellar Wave Race sequel with ground breaking wave physics and HD rumble developed in Japan.
This or a 30 player online F-Zero game would push me to buy a Switch.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
The tease about Metroid Prime 4 probably satisfied some fans but overall I found Nintendo's presser somewhat disappointing. Perhaps I'm just bitter because Pokken Tournament DX for the Switch is going to have the additional characters that I hoped we'd get as DLC on the Wii U. <_<

Out of all the E3 news, the specs on the Xbox One X are the only thing I found mildly interesting. Microsoft is serious in their arms race against Sony because the XOX is packing some major league power. :lol:

In terms of software there are so many games I'd hoped to see at E3 including; Wave Race Switch, F-Zero Switch, Armored Core 6 or Frame Gride 2, Super Smash Bros. 5 (or perhaps even Sm4sh DX), Tatsunoko vs. Capcom 2, Mario Golf Switch, Mario Strikers Switch and perhaps a Nintendo exclusive first-person-shooter with a more serious tone than Splatoon. Oh well, maybe next year. :rollseyes:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
It's Time for the E3 Press Conference to Die

Quote:

FOR THE PAST few years, conventional wisdom in the videogame industry has dictated that the best way to reach gamers is directly. That's why the tradeshow E3 has long kicked off with the Big Three: Console manufacturers Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo stage massive press conferences, livestream them, and fill social media and YouTube with trailers, promotions, and any and all marketing slogans they've dreamed up.

This year, though, all three publishers hit their respective stages - in the case of Nintendo's online-only stream, that stage being metaphorical - without much of anything to announce. That conventional wisdom, it seems, has its limitations. In fact, if this year's show tells us anything about the state of the gaming industry, it's that the major gaming press conference might be obsolete...

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
kartmaster
Jun 15 2017, 04:34 PM
And Xenoblade Chonicles X taught me I'll only ever be able to really enjoy those games if my family leaves me and I get fired from my job, otherwise I'll never have time.
:lol: That's how I feel about story driven games in general. I never have the time to finish them or even keep at them long enough for the story to resonate with me. Sadly, that's where the video game industry is going as proven by Sony and Microsoft's E3 press conferences.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
This was an interesting revalation - Atari is indeed working on a new console, says CEO. :o

Was this done just so the Blade Runner 2049 trailer wouldn't be entirely anachronistic? :lol:

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
My last post deserves an update.

ATARI REVEALS FIRST IMAGES, MORE DETAILS OF ITS NEW ATARIBOX CONSOLE

Quote:

In an email to fans, the company explained that the console will feature "modern internal specs", allowing it to include classic games (perhaps suggesting a NES Classic-like library of retro games), as well as deliver "current gaming content".

If I'm not mistaken, both Primal Rage and Mace: The Dark Age are Atari games. Perhaps we'll get updates on the new machine?

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
bluedogrulez
Jul 18 2017, 07:45 AM
Let's continue this discussion with a new topic in the Other Games section.
Is there really enough interest? I'm by no means an Atari fan so I doubt I can add much. Besides, to my mind the console market is already saturated. I want more arcade-style games rather than another console but perhaps I'm in the minority. :huh:

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Forum Rules and Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply