Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hello From New Zealand; Introduction and Questions
Topic Started: Jun 14 2017, 12:21 AM (678 Views)
Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Welcome to the forum Tyler! Awesome collection. Good luck with your journey to add to this!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
RE Black boarders this is where we need someone like danilochka and his wisdom to step in. My understanding is that black boarder games were a European PAL thing. So like see your Smash Bros has no boarder as similar to the US NTSC variant. Well our PAL version in Europe is black boarder. But I think AUS may have got some black boarder titles where the games were just manufactured as PAL all with boarders and they didn't bother producing an AUS exclusive PAL variant without the boarders. Either that or just some of the titles you have are PAL Europe copies and have been imported at some point.

One thing that really annoys me is that why Nintendo ever did mix up the box art. I love the US box art. No boarders and different colours on each side of the box like yellow green red and blue. Consistent across every game so on display look smooth and similar. Why on earth do it differently, and inferior, in my opinion, for Europe?

Europe was hard done by all around on the N64 generation though. I am barely scratching the surface with that little rant...

:lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Well said danilochka, great piece and very interesting to read. :yeah:
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Welcome and Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply