Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hello From New Zealand; Introduction and Questions
Topic Started: Jun 14 2017, 12:21 AM (540 Views)
NzBoi
Member Avatar
Hello Everybody

My Name is Tyler and Im from New Zealand
Iv Recently started collecting boxed PAL games, accessories and consoles with the hopes of one day building a complete PAL game collection

I have been looking for a forum of like minded people to share info (mainly get info, mostly because i done have a lot) and generally talk about my collection and others.
I am also very interested in seeing how other people display their games, consoles, controllers etc. as i am setting up a game room in my house and want to really highlight my retro games

In my short time collecting i have come across a few things that google just cant answer for me

First off. does anyone know why some games have black borders around the box art and others have full front of box art??
i have some of these games and am unsure which ones i want to get and which i want to steer clear of.

Also. does anyone now exactly how many PAL games were released, i have seen conflicting stories and am unsure what the number is, i think it is 242 but some say more
i am mainly wanting to collect all NZ/AUS release games as those are the ones i grew up on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i look forward to seeing some of your collections and how they are displayed

Cheers Guys

-Tyler
My humble collection so far
Posted Image
Edited by NzBoi, Jun 14 2017, 12:30 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NzBoi
Member Avatar
Thanks Guys

So any ideas about the Black Border vs non black border game art thing?

NzBoi
Member Avatar
Wow dude thanks for the reply
you've clearly got a lot of knowledge thanks for sharing.

Posted Image

This is the stick up close.

So based on your reply the Quake 2 i just picked up is going to be AUZ/NZ
and the Knife Edge is most likely Euro? (also some mint Atari 2600 games i picked up as well $15 NZD each)

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Welcome and Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply