Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Killer Instinct Gold; July Game of the Month
Topic Started: Jul 4 2017, 10:41 AM (700 Views)
No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Grizzmeister

The N64 controller doesn't help here either because the D-pad is generally very tight and seems to have less travel than say the D-pad on an SNES controller.

You made a great synopsis of this game. The reason i quoted the above statement is because using the D-pad is the best way to experience this game, especially on Ludicrus speed. This mode is the best representation of complex fighting on the Nintendo 64.
If combined with the 3rd person perspective, this game surpasses the arcade versions in overall gameplay!
I enjoy that this game is finally getting recognition here, as well as the rendition on XboxOne.

My go to is Jago or Kim Wu. 😎
Edited by No64DD, Jul 5 2017, 08:17 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I played this game so much back then, with the D-pad, that i still have a permanent callus on my thumb. 👍

The $85+ asking price for this game when it came out was totally worth it.
Edited by No64DD, Jul 5 2017, 08:28 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
You bring up a good point about Spinal. In my experience, not too many characters, or players, know how to handle 3 different Endokukens!
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Kim Wu got shredded!
The person using Spinal was the better player. It is impressive to see Spinal played like that! His moveset is very technical.

I'm anxious to get back into this game now.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I use the inside of the knuckle. My thumb slides better on the D-pad that way, but Killer instinct is still the ultimate test of one's pain threshold.
Edited by No64DD, Jul 8 2017, 02:09 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Grizzmeister
Jul 19 2017, 11:50 AM
Pro Tip: Use Sabrewulf's Sabre Flip < > + FK (the right C-button) to counter enemies who jump in on you often.
I used to be able to pull off an endless juggle with this move. It's one of those things that come and go.

Amazing game!
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · GoTM Archive (Gen I) · Next Topic »
Add Reply