Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Any exclusive N64 gamers?
Topic Started: Jul 19 2017, 12:14 PM (899 Views)
1985gamer
Member Avatar
Grizzmeister
Jul 20 2017, 07:06 AM
Yeah, it's hard to imagine anybody being an exclusive N64 gamer nowadays given that it's probably more practical to play on other consoles or the PC. For example, here in the United States it's often substantially cheaper to buy a used Wii with quality games than it is to buy a comparable N64 setup.

I probably play games on my PS4 the most, however, I still enjoy gaming on the N64 occasionally and that's why I keep it hooked up to my CRT TV. Games like Mario Golf, Super Smash Bros. and Wave Race 64 have aged very gracefully and are still fun to play every now and then.

MyBeefCakes

If only new IPs were still developed I probably would be an exclusive gamer!
The same applies to me considering that I mostly prefer arcade style games over the story driven titles that are so prevalent on modern game consoles.
I only play N64. It's the first console I ever owned (apart from an original Gameboy before the Pocket came out) and got it as a Christmas present from my whole family, the gold controller and goldenye bundle when that was released. N64 was my childhood for the first half of High School, after that I discovered girls and gigs so pretty much stopped playing.

I bought a GameCube a few years later to see what I had been missing out with next gen successors to my favourite titles, however never really got hooked and although I amassed a collection of about 30 titles I've just sold them all with the console to fund an Everdrive and UltraHDMI mod for my original console.

I go through stages playing it intensively on off season as I race bikes but can't see myself playing anything else.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply