Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Kickstarter: Next Gen N64 Controller
Topic Started: Aug 10 2017, 06:52 PM (860 Views)
ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
I forgot to mention that as a backer I did get an email from them saying that at least the first batch will not be compatible with the Transfer Pak. There was an unforeseen glitch with it but they wanted to make sure production would not be delayed too much.

Since a good chunk of the target audience is mainly focused on Smash Bros. this shouldn't be an issue but just a heads up.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jonathancutt
Only site that has pre-orders still available is in Switzerland, and it works out to be US$85 to buy one and ship to Australia. Will pass for now. Hopefully they can get some units out there, fix the odd bug with them and get a retailer closer to me. Some proper reviews will come out and then we'll see about buying one or more.

EDIT: I'll just stick with V3 Hyperkin joystick replacements until then I think.
Edited by jonathancutt, Jan 27 2018, 09:53 AM.

Deadmoneycash
I am a supporter of this Kickstarter and look forward to getting this modern version controller. My main reason is for my eight year old son. I have a N64 and have tried to get my son to play some games with me and he genuinely seems interested but he cannot get past the N64 controller. It just doesn't work for him as he is a modern gamer. He grew up with Xbox 360 and Xbox One as well as Nintendo Wii U and we have the Pro Controller for that. I welcome this controller as it will help bring a young modern gamer over to some retro Nintendo without the difficulty he has experienced with the original N64 controllers. So basically the controller is for him. I can't wait for some Duke Nukem 64 death matches!

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
@deadmoney: As my kids pretty much learned on the Wii, they still ask if they can rotate an N64 controller to steer. :facepalm: Error in parenting right there.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Deadmoneycash
@Bluedodrulez My kids originally started on the wii but they hardly remember it. I received this from Retro Fighters today..Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: