Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kickstarter: Next Gen N64 Controller
Topic Started: Aug 10 2017, 06:52 PM (2,482 Views)
Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Rocky
Aug 10 2017, 06:52 PM
I'm skeptical of the build quality and the stick functionality and durability if it's only $20 but we'll see how it goes! What do you guys think?
I'd need long term testing using it with GoldenEye 007, Super Smash Bros. and Wave Race 64 before I could form an educated opinion. Those games generally tell you how good a controller is. If somebody sends me one I'd gladly beta test it for them. ;)
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
bluedogrulez
Aug 14 2017, 09:09 AM
I'm wondering what Nintendo will do with the thumbstick for its inevitable N64 mini. Frankly, I cannot see Nintendo using an OEM-style stick . . . so I wonder how Big N's solution will compare with this one.
I'm very curious about this as well.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I'm adopting a wait and see strategy with these new controllers. Admittedly, it's easy to be ambivalent when I've got so many N64 controllers already. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Cabanon
Feb 27 2018, 06:14 PM
im curious to see how good or bad they are. waiting on some review. even if i dont like the layout button at all, it could be a good alternative.
This is exactly how I feel. I don't really need another N64 controller but I might get one of the Retro Fighters units if they're a quality product.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Seems some people have already gotten their controller.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
My guess is that it will be the Super Smash Bros. community that ultimately decides how successful this controller will be.

I'll probably hold off buying one until I know whether Nintendo is releasing an N64 Mini this year or not.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
ItalianBaptist
Mar 3 2018, 10:25 AM
Grizz when you play smash 64 on the virtual console with the GameCube controller, are there times when you try to roll dodge and the game registers it as just a shield?
Roll dodge?! Me and my friends are almost always on the attack when we play the N64 version of Smash. That roll dodge nonsense is what makes Sm4sh on the Wii U so tedious for casual players like us who prefer a down-and-dirty play style. :lol:

Keep in mind that my friends and I became fighting game enthusiasts mostly because of Street Fighter II; so we like little to no defense, devastatingly powerful grabs and matches that end in a blink of an eye. Sure, that probably makes us the equivalent of video game troglodytes but we don't usually play fighting games to scratch our cerebral itch. :D

Hey ItalianBaptist, please share more impressions of the Brawler64 gamepad when you get a chance. Do you think it'll survive competitive level Smash 64 after extended use?
Edited by Grizzmeister, Mar 4 2018, 08:13 PM.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Anybody play Killer Instinct Gold or Mortal Kombat Trilogy with this controller yet? I'm curious how well the digital pad works with more traditional fighting games like those.

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply