Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Recommend a S-Video cable
Topic Started: Aug 24 2017, 05:28 AM (360 Views)
deal
Can you recommend a really good S-Video cable for the N64? I keep reading different things. I've read there are a lot of junk cables out there. Some show a square pattern on the screen, etc.

I've also read to make sure to get one that has the "yellow" separate composite connector. Then I've read not to, but to instead get a cable that does NOT have a "yellow" connector but only red/white and the S-Video.

Which is the best cable to get?

Any recommendations on those cables that are selling on eBay?

I'm looking at getting a dedicated S-Video cable for my N64. Someone out of town is selling a 20" flat screen CRT TV that has S-Video input. I believe this is the best picture you will get on an N64 without mods??

I've not played on a CRT TV in a while, but I've only ever used the ANT input when playing in the 80's/90's and seems that is the worst way to play it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply