Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 Prototypes
Topic Started: Sep 8 2017, 05:11 PM (193 Views)
Kerr Avon
Member Avatar
There are various prototypes of N64 games available, some of games that were never finished or commercially released, others of games that were finished and brought to

The ones I have are:

40 Winks (Europe) (En,Es,It) (Proto).z64 (this is apparently the full, unreleased game)
California speed (PAL).z64
Die Hard 64 Prototype 1 2000-03-15.z64
(Die Hard 64 was never finished, but these three roms contain early level builds)
Die Hard 64 Prototype 2 2000-03-15.z64
Die Hard 64 Prototype 3 2000-03-15.z64
Dragon Sword 64.z64
Frogger 2 (U) (Alpha) [!].z64
Glover 2 (Older Version).z64
Glover 2 (Unreleased Beta Version - Newer Build).z64
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine - PAL.z64
(the never commercially released PAL version of the NTSC game, )
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 6 V1.2 (Japanese).z64
LoZ Majora's Mask - Debug - Press L, R and Z simultaneously on the save screen.z64
Mini Racers.z64
O.D.T. (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (Proto).Z64
O.D.T. (USA) (En,Fr,Es) (Proto).Z64
Perfect Dark _ntsc_debug_DC.Z64
Robotech - Crystal Dreams (Beta).z64
Super Mario 64 Super Debug Menu.ext.z64
superman64_prototype.z64
(apparently this is better than the final, released version of the game, in some ways)
Tamiya Racing 64.z64
Tommy Thunder.z64
Toon Panic (Japan) (Proto).Z64
WildWaters (Unreleased) .z64

These prototypes vary from early, very limited versions of the games, to so close to the release version that there's no discernible difference to the final, released version of the game (other than some changes to the game's code, that as a player you'd never see). There are other existing prototypes I don't have that are available on the 'net, such as Turok 3, an of course lots of prototypes are owned only by collectors, who prefer not to release them to the public. I don't know how many unreleased prototypes exist, of course.

And not the same thing, but also of interest to N64 fans, are the fan-made English translations of Japanese-only N64 games. The ones I have are:

Animal Crossing (T-Eng) [!] (Manually set the time).z64 (I've heard that this can crash, but I don't know as I've not tried it)
Bomberman 64 - Arcade Edition (English translation).z64
Chameleon Twist (J translated to Eng).z64
(Apparently the Japanese version of this game is far superior to the NTSC/PAL versions*)
Custom Robo (English Translation - Final - 8-Sep-2017).z64
Densha de Go! 64 ( Train game - English Translation 17-April-2017).z64
Doubutsu no Mori (J) [T+Eng2007-03-22_Brandon Dixon].z64
Last Legion UX (English Translation - 4k eeprom save).z64
Sin and Punishment (Tsumi to Batsu) English - use EEPROM4k eeprom for save.z64
Wonder Project J2 - English translation via patch (REMOVE rumble pak)[!].z64

* See this page for details.

I can't post download links, sorry, as this forum doesn't allow the spreading of rom files, so I'll e-mail you now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply