Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Goldfinger 64 has been released!!!!
Topic Started: Sep 19 2017, 09:17 AM (1,044 Views)
1985gamer
Member Avatar
Not much conversation on here (or anywhere on the net) about this considering the scope of what has been achieved. The only comments seem to be criticism of any flaws or things people want improved, must be disheartening for all the developers whove been working on this for years.

I've just been through the single player missions on Agent and beginning a secret agent run-through and I'm really enjoying it. I need to go back and watch the movie to approximate some of the settings I think. Loving the difficulty level, seems set just right for experienced players with tweaked AI and more immersive missions than the original. Been playing on Everdrive with original hardware.

Any other fans out there?
Edited by 1985gamer, Jan 22 2018, 09:23 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1985gamer
Member Avatar
D.J Cat
Jan 22 2018, 12:04 PM
Someone needs to send me a really dumbed down version of how to play this.
Cause I will most certainly play it one day and enjoy it to no end I am sure! 😊
I don't support repro carts but if you don't have the time and really want to play then here's your solution: https://www.etsy.com/listing/554494450/goldfinger-64-completely-new-goldeneye
Shellshocker18
Jan 24 2018, 09:19 AM
I actually do have an everdrive, and unfortunatly on console the game has more fog and lag than i guess it does on PC, because the first level is absolutely horrible on console. It's so foggy it took me a very long time to understand the layout of the first area and it took me like 30 minutes to beat the first mission and I haven't gone back too it. I've never seen the movie or played any mission past the first one, but the first one has this really bad layout at the beginning with enemies at can see through the fog but you can't. I haven't felt like playing it since which sucks
It's worth sticking with it, the first level is not great IMO but they do get better. The fog problem appears to be solved playing on an UltraHDMI unit but I agree the AI can sometimes be too clever.

1985gamer
Member Avatar
I believe so but probably worth asking whatever seller you go through first. If you're a massive Goldeneye fan and want a whole new challenge and story then it's a no brainer to play this, it's great fun.

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply