Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 fps
Topic Started: Sep 20 2017, 04:19 AM (720 Views)
Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Weren't early FPS titles like Doom often referred to as corridor shooters? That seems to be the difference in my mind in that games like GoldenEye and Turok moved the action to more expansive outdoor environments.

Personal note: back during the N64 era, I didn't really care too much for first-person-shooters preferring third-person-shooters like Armored Core instead. Years later I did love playing the original Halo, though, because me and my friends would network several Xbox consoles together for some amazing LAN parties. I guess Halo changed my perspective enough that nowadays all I seem to play on my PlayStation 4 are Call of Duty games. :P
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Since TimeSplitters has been mentioned, are the GameCube versions still playable today? Which is better TimeSplitters 2 or TimeSplitters: Future Perfect?
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Back around the time TimeSplitters: Future Perfect was released on the GameCube, I recall hearing that it was pretty good in multiplayer. Never got a chance to experience it myself but all my friends who were fans of GoldenEye and Perfect Dark spoke very highly of it.

I was considering buying a used copy of FP and then noticed that it's still rather expensive for such an old game. I wonder if that's because of popularity or because not that many copies were produced?

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
It'd be fun if TimeSplitters Rewind ends up finding its way to the Switch. :D

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply