Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 fps
Topic Started: Sep 20 2017, 04:19 AM (419 Views)
mikezelot
Member Avatar
Star Wolfs Worst Nightmare
I have a theory on n64 fps games I wanted to discuss with you guys. It seems to me that the fps genre split in two during the time of the n64. One branch would start with golden eye then perfect dark and past the n64 with the timesplitter games. The other branch would be doom to duke nukem to Turok then past the n64 to the call of duty games. I can't put my finger on what defines each branch but I feel like there is something there.

Thoughts?
Posted Image N64 forever starfox 64 champion
"Im an elephant" - Conker
Both the n64 and the ps4 have 64 bit processors. Now I'm not saying the 64 could run crysis at 60 fps but I'm not saying it couldn't.
115 games
2 consoles
6 controllers
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mikezelot
Member Avatar
Star Wolfs Worst Nightmare
I would say three things make the speration
1. Control scheme
2. Game environments (golden eye/perfect dark) more of a realistic setting and game play with objectives and open worlds (Turok/doom) more fantasy driven
3. Game engine. The game engine from doom-duke nukem-Turok-quake all seem like a more evolved version of the last one
Edited by mikezelot, Sep 21 2017, 05:26 AM.
Posted Image N64 forever starfox 64 champion
"Im an elephant" - Conker
Both the n64 and the ps4 have 64 bit processors. Now I'm not saying the 64 could run crysis at 60 fps but I'm not saying it couldn't.
115 games
2 consoles
6 controllers
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply