Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Controller 'Stuck' Left; Broken Controller
Topic Started: Sep 20 2017, 11:00 AM (112 Views)
ToadStool
Member Avatar
I have an official grey controller which is misbehaving. It was working but the stick was wobbly so I installed a replacement stick from eBay, the plug and play OEM style replacement. Ever since the controller has been stuck moving the character left. The stick physically works fine but as soon as the Mario Kart race starts Toad just goes in circles!

I have tried calibrating it (L+R+start) but that fixes it for a second until I need to use the stick, at which point it just goes left again.
I have tried fooling the console by holding the stick to the right upon startup this does nothing.
I have tried reinstalling the original stick but the same issue persists. :-/

My other controllers are fine in this port (1) for this game.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than throwing it away? <_<
Edited by ToadStool, Sep 20 2017, 11:01 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Hi ToadStool--This is perplexing bc the problem also happens when you try the old stick again. I would set that fact aside for a second and try this.

Open the OEM stick and remove the spring. Install it into the clone OEM stick. This cured the exact problem you described for me. Obviously, don't touch the stick as the N64 boots up, but I'm sure you know that already. Good luck!
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ToadStool
Member Avatar
bluedogrulez
Sep 21 2017, 05:17 AM
Hi ToadStool--This is perplexing bc the problem also happens when you try the old stick again. I would set that fact aside for a second and try this.

Open the OEM stick and remove the spring. Install it into the clone OEM stick. This cured the exact problem you described for me. Obviously, don't touch the stick as the N64 boots up, but I'm sure you know that already. Good luck!
Thanks bluedogrulez I'll try that :)

« Previous Topic · Modding, Repairs & Custom Projects · Next Topic »
Add Reply