Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Modding roms for CIC change.
Topic Started: Sep 26 2017, 07:34 PM (203 Views)
Whippy
I enjoy the forum. I plan on staying even after I get some closure on this adventure I got myself into.

I picked up a ED64Plus Enhanced. This is the model that does not have a top-slot. I have had no issue running titles that use the 6102 cic, but EVERY title that uses 6105 is not working at all. This unit is essentially an Everdrive64 model 1. This model DOES not have a CIC chip on the board. It has a blank spot for one.

I think that this model emulates a 6102 and the European equivalent with the flip of a switch. (Ntsc/pal) There is no info on the net about this other than it is a total rip off etc. Ill be honest, for what I have gotten out of it, I am happy with the price. My next cart would certainly be a high end Everdrive.

So here I am. I am a total doofus about patching, and have tried a few times with no luck on DK64 & banjo tooie. Id like to get Perfect dark working. When it starts, it has the title scrambled on the bottom of the screen before it goes black. DK64 gets to the bright red Nintendo logo and freezes.

Any help or suggestions would be great. I know someone else out there has one of these. I have no trouble soldering a 6105 cic onto the board, but would that limit me to ONLY that chipped game?

*EDIT*

I don't know how many 6105 chips there are, but I can play Ocarina of Time without issue. The other titles use the controller pak or are rareware.

seems that the system has issues with 6105 and the expansion cart.
Edited by Whippy, Sep 26 2017, 07:47 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

sanni
Member Avatar
Those are the 6105 games:
Banjo-Tooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Donkey Kong 64
Jet Force Gemini
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, The
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The
Mickey's Speedway USA
Perfect Dark
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

CZroe
Obsidianís Motet III can change the boot code of a ROM but it will not get rid of the copy protection checks. It works well for running 6102 ROMs on something else since those generally donít have copy protection checks but 6105 games definitely do.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
« Previous Topic · Modding, Repairs & Custom Projects · Next Topic »
Add Reply