Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
crazy bidding on a high end crt in japan
Topic Started: Oct 1 2017, 10:04 PM (312 Views)
ninty82
Recently I had my eyes on a victor crt with two rgb21 (scart) ports on yahoo auctions.
I gave it a try and bidded a few times but in the end, with every bid people made the length of the auction was extended to 10 minutes until it people including myself, gave up after it reached 50,000 yen. Really crazy!
How much would you spend on a good crt?
SETUP:
RGB modded NTSC-J with NJM2267 amp
Panasonic TH-21EA1

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ninty82
Vaettur
Oct 2 2017, 04:18 AM
50.000??
Plus shipping....That's at least 65.000 in total.

You're better off going to a random recycle shop in Japan yourself and take it home with you. Plenty of unused, good CRT's there!

Grizzmeister: yeah, that crt was a new one or second hand? 800 bucks for new one sounds like a normal price for a decent crt back then no?

Here is the link of the auction
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m220008273

I live in Japan so the costs of shipment is not really something I worry about. Also, I am looking for a crt that has rgb ports because I want to buy a rgb modded N64.
Actually, CRTs are pretty hard to find in local stores.
You guys don't have the need for rgb? I wonder how many of you use rgb and how many don't. I don't count hdmi because the price is too high and it still has flaws.

Edited by ninty82, Oct 2 2017, 10:09 AM.
SETUP:
Panasonic TH-21EA1

ninty82
I understand what you are trying to say but I was interested in hooking up other things to that tv as well so not only the N64.

framemeister sounds interesting for other than 3d systems, wouldnt you agree? Would you buy a crt without rgb input? As a European, I am used to playing videogames on a rgb crt.
SETUP:
Panasonic TH-21EA1

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply