Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How is your shoe game? What are your nicest pair of shoes?; More About You Series
Topic Started: Oct 3 2017, 04:24 PM (261 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Special thanks to No64DD for the suggestion.

By now you all probably know the game...

Shoes are a BIG deal to some folks. Some have an obsession, or a solid collection at least. Tell me about yours!

I have always had to deal with limited selection of shoes. I have an abnormally large foot. I am only 5'10", but wear a size 14/48. I wore a size 12 in 6th grade. The problem I run in to now is that a lot of dress shoe companies do not manufacture anything larger than a 13. Sometimes that means settling for a not so great looking pair.

At work I wear a pair of Cognac colored Eccos. My pair before that was a pair of slip on Clarks.
When away from work, I typically wear some awful looking 11 year old Nikes. I wore them sporadically for years. I need to replace them soon, and will hopefully be picking up some Merrell hiking boot style shoes pr perhaps some Sketchers.

As a teen I preferred Nikes or Fila. I had several pair of Grant Hills.

i am very hard on shoes. I think my longer foot requires the sole to bend more than it normally would with a normal foot when I walk around. I have been known to destroy a sole on a decent pair of shoes in 3 months or less :nope:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
LOL stinger, I'm like your polar opposite, at least as far as shoe size and wear goes.

My feet have always been pretty small... depending on the brand, I wear a size 7.5 or 8 US (so like 40-41 or so EUR). And then my shoes last FOR. EVER. And I don't think I really put an extra ounce of thought about walking gingerly or carefully to preserve the shoes... (kind of the opposite, in fact, as I ride brakeless BMX). I do tend to try to pick out shoes that are durable, though.

As for WHAT I wear... these days it's primarily this pair of casual leather Pumas (one of my favorite brands). You can't really tell in the picture, but they're a dark navy blue + red.
Posted Image

Until somewhat recently, I wore a pair of super cheap, yet nearly indestructible Wellgos (the last of the 8 pairs I bought on clearance over 15 years ago for $10 a pop!)
Posted Image

And before that, it was mainly this pair of DC skate/BMX shoes. (As they're still far from worn, I still occasionally wear the Wellgos and DCs.)
Posted Image

I used to wear black Adidas Sambas WAY back in the day, and could easily see myself wearing them again, if I don't find any good pairs on sale when I need a new pair.

And that's it for my everyday shoes. I have a nice, suuuuuper comfy pair of Sketchers for when I need to look a little nicer...
Posted Image

...and a spiffy pair of Diesel sneaks for when I feel extra stylin' (which is almost never, lol).
Posted Image

And then finally, I've got 2... scratch that... THREE pairs of Pumas on deck, to start wearing once the current pair get worn.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Promising I'm not a total shoe freak, if you believe me... I basically just keep an eye out for a good deal and refuse to spend over $30 ($40, absolute max) on a pair of shoes.

And... as an added bonus...
Edited by floorcat, Oct 6 2017, 04:31 PM.
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Great topic! My left ankle tennis injury back in 2007 that was the impetus to more seriously game/collect still dictates my footware.

Unlike Stinger and floorcat, my footsize is uber common, 10.5-11. But I need (1) the heel to be above the toes and (2) a soft landing. Otherwise, the ankle will still bark.

Nike Air 180s were the BEST shoes for me, and I keep wearing their successors.

For work, I realized that my favorite brand from my grunge days is perfect for me--Doc Martens. I have 4 DM wingtip dress shoes that I absolutely love. Dressy, but a tad funky, and those bouncing soles provide a nice soft landing. My favorite pair is black with a red brick sole, which once made it into a Lexus commercial.

I have a pair of natural brown Doc Marten boots I like to wear in the fall and winter, which are also comfy but sadly not waterproof.

Finally, my summertime footware is a pair of Reef sandals with an air pocket in the heel and a bottle opener hidden in the sole. You know, for emergencies, lol.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Wow. This thread hit the ground running!
Cool stories. Thanks for sharing.

I got shoes. I'll start out with these.
Airwalk Kick Lo (Grey). Limited Edition
Posted Image

Around my 20's, i moved to a size 13. I feel more comfortable in them, especially because i'm lazy and like to let my big toenail grow, so i can fill out a 13 pretty nicely. :lol:
Sure, i have everyday shoes that aren't worth mentioning, but i do like to keep some nice shoes in CIB condition. I even put insoles in to protect the insides.
Airwalk have always been a favorite of mine. They have always had great designs as far as i can remember!
The name Airwalk came from a skateboard trick, although most skate shoes are too expensive to just let get beat up within minutes of actually skating in them. These were the first pair of actual "toe cap" shoes i really liked. Inexpensive and comfortable.

My favorite pair of Airwalk i ever owned were the Airwalk Lapse. I cant even find an example of them anywhere. :(

A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Well this is all making for a good read so far.

No64DD - I had a nice pair of airwalks once, but when they were given to me they were a touch small. Never got to really enjoy them.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I'd like to reminisce about a pair of Nike shoes that i used to own.
Bdr mentioned he had a favorite line, and with Nike it is really hard to decide!
Back in 1994, i owned a pair of these.
Nike Air Unlimited
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
That's awesome they are releasing them again :yeah:

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@No64DD: 90s Nikes were great!! If I could have one pair of sneakers, it would be a pair of the Air Jordan 7s.

Posted Image

I had a pair in the 90s and they were incredible. It I wore them to death. Years later I would buy a pair from some Air Jordan site only to realized upon receipt they were counterfeits.

There are a lot of Nike Air Jordan re-mixes featuring elements of those Jordans, but none look as spectacular as those did IMHO.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Vaettur
Member Avatar
Established Member
Back in my rebel days I swore by army boots for years, even in summer!

Nowadays I do have quite a big collection, but pretty much 90% are cheap-o unbranded sneakers that I picked up from stores like H&M and the likes, the only branded being my low Converse All Stars Monochrome OX's. Fun fact; they're all black!

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Since we're doing a little reminiscing... back in high school, my FAAAAAAAVORITE pair of shoes that I lusted after for SO long (and finally got!) were a pair of Nike Air Mowabbs:

Posted Image

Also... finally updated and added pictures to my first post! :w00t:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), The Swapper, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Dude!

That symbol looks familiar. Very cool. I dig the Neoprene support!

Nice shoe game. :yeah:
Edited by No64DD, Oct 7 2017, 08:32 AM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I just recalled what acg means.

All Conditions Gear
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@floorcat: i remember the Air Mowabbs, very excellent! But those Puma Californias...oh man, those are a favorite of mine. I had a pair in blue and man were they sweet...but Puma's have that narrow european width so i'll live vicariously through you, lol!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Okay guys, i don't know how i'm going to top myself after this. Anyway, i am very happy to own a set of these.
DC PURE XE MISMATCH MULTI
Edited by No64DD, Oct 8 2017, 05:41 PM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Social Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply