Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
N64 mini Predictions; Warning: Possible NaCl Exposure
Topic Started: Oct 12 2017, 12:11 PM (1,051 Views)
Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Since I already own all the N64 games I ever wanted, I'm really not that interested in the N64 Mini's software lineup but rather its hardware choices instead. I'm curious if Nintendo will again use an Allwinner processor and if so, will it also be powerful enough to run GameCube software too.

With respect to the N64's Mini's controller, I'd like exact replicas of the original with either a Wii connector, USB interface or GameCube plug. Any one of those three would be fine by me. :D
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I know it'll never happen but wouldn't online multiplayer support for Mario Kart 64, Wave Race 64, F-Zero X and Super Smash Bros. make an N64 Mini a must-have. :)
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
The White Falcon
Dec 4 2017, 07:22 PM
I think that's rumored to be one of the reasons the "Virtual Console" for Switch is delayed - they're working on an online framework for a lot of the titles.
Really?! I hadn't heard that. It makes sense, though, since games like Mario Kart 64 and Super Smash Bros. are at their best when played against other real live people.

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Could Nintendo include 4 controllers at a $120 MSRP and still turn a profit on the N64 Mini? The more I think about it the more I feel the N64 Classic Edition has to ship with 4 controllers for games like Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 64 and Mario Party 2. :huh:

Perhaps Nintendo will only include two controllers in the box and sell others individually. That solution actually works quite well for me but I'm not sure how casuals would feel about it. What are your thoughts?

Posted Image

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Toniokart64
Jan 5 2018, 11:13 AM
The “4 controller” issue is yet another reason to go for GameCube controllers/controller ports in my opinion. It would make getting a full set a whole lot easier, that’s for sure.
Ultimately this is the smartest solution, isn't it. This is especially true when you consider that Nintendo will probably start selling GameCube controllers again in the future for the inevitable Super Smash Bros. game for the Switch.

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply