Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Conkers Bad Fur Day Development Proto Cart
Topic Started: Oct 14 2017, 03:24 PM (1,221 Views)
Eddydacat
I thought this might interest some of you.

I was speaking to the owner of this cartridge last weekend, was sent some pictures and had a good discussion and it turns out that she acquired it through a very interesting and lucky circumstance.

Supposedly, she was in a local trade in shop when a chap was getting rid of all his old N64 games. They wouldn't accept this particular game due to it looking fake and homemade.

She then bought it from this chap (I would imagine for much less than even the shops trade in value for Conkers BFF), and obviously realised it was something special.

Talk about being at the right place at the right time!

It has now ended up on eBay and definitely acquired much attention.

Link below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/conkers-bad-fur-day-n64-Prototype-/132361105178?hash=item1ed1562f1a:g:9hUAAOSwJe1Z32cq

Would be a great article to add to the collection due to the status of the game.

Enjoy, ^_^
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vaettur
Member Avatar
Established Member
Wonder what's to be found on this.
Since it already has the Bad Fur Day logo on it, I wouldn't expect anything significant, but I would love something surprising.

Also, WOW... already the current bid is on 66.000 pounds...
With still more than 7 days on the counter... I wonder what the final bid will be!

Rocky
Member Avatar
Whoever gets it's let's hope they dump it for preservation!

edit: hmm.. https://assemblergames.com/threads/lady-with-conkers-bad-fur-day.66985/
Edited by Rocky, Oct 14 2017, 06:19 PM.
Posted Image

Eddydacat
I also think this cartridge had some sort of BAFTA heritage judging by the sticker on the back. Possibly nominated for a category and this was the entry sample?

That's my guess

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Sorry to disappoint you Eddy but this girl has been outed as a scammer on all the UK gaming groups on Facebook. I don't think I believe their story at all.

In any case. Just exercise caution. The current bidding on eBay has been a few people taking the biscuit. It of course will not sell for £66,000.

X_D
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

BostonJohnathanGB
its not conkers bad fur day i checked the NUS Code ands it links to LOZ OOT Developer Prototype
info here
http://www.nesworld.com/prototype-details.php?system=n64&data=128

GAME NOTE
Attempted sold on ebay in May of 2014. The pricetag is quite hefty and the auction received a massive load of negativity especially at NintendoAge, judging the cart to be fake because the rom already seems to be available for everyone to use. Fact is though that 512M flash carts are insanely rare so I doubt this is fake, plus you'd need access to special equipment to write data to official Nintendo flash carts.

Final Title: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Developer: Nintendo
Publisher: Nintendo
Game Type: Adventure
Game Released: Yes
Proto Build: Near Final (99%)
Proto Build Note : Used for the GC Bonus disc
Flash Cart Type: NUS-16F32SB-B 512M+256K
CIC Chip: 7105
"On my Business card, I am a corporate president. in my mind, i am a game developer. but in my heart i am a gamer." Satoru Iwata (2002-2015)

Vaettur
Member Avatar
Established Member
That NUS code has nothing to do with the contents, and is merely the product code of the flash cartridge. Anything could be on it.

Also, that article is referring to NUS-16F32SB-B while the auction is about a NUS-16F32SB-A cartridge, so I don't think it has anything to do with each other.

I can't say if this is a scam or not. I only know it's a lot of commotion over something that probably doesn't contain anything significant or new anyway, if it even exists in the first place.

I did read some on Assemblers and she doesn't seem to have a whole lot of knowledge about it, although selling it for quite a price.
Also, that story from the first post sounds like a real baloney, too good to be true story.

I'll be following this anyhow, always interesting to see what comes out of it.

By the way, Hard4Games had an interesting discussion on this problem recently, with N64 protos as example:
People Lying About Owning Prototypes & Rare Dev Hardware
Edited by Vaettur, Oct 16 2017, 05:10 AM.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Just look at Super Mario 64. It had several stages of documented beta elements leading up to the finished product.
Conker's Bad Fur Day is nothing like that. Know what i mean?
Edited by No64DD, Oct 15 2017, 09:21 AM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Vaettur
Member Avatar
Established Member
Well, there is of course Twelve Tales, but already having the Bad Fur Day logo stuck onto it, and utilizing the 7105 chip (which is more commonly used in later games), I would guess this is pretty much a near final (if not final) stage of the actual release, probably from late 2000/early 2001.

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
Right. It went from Twelve Tales to Conker's BFD with literally nothing in between.
This auction is preying on the idea that it could be. That alone should tell most people that it is just smoke and mirrors.
This is what happens when a game's development has been so sensationalized over the years.

Ask Vinyl. Rare still has this stuff in their vaults and it's never getting out.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Eddydacat
It does sound like the seller knows more than they are letting on. I had heard that this cartridge was put into an N64 around a week ago to try see what's on it and it simply wouldn't boot up at all. Who knows the truth.

It's a lot of money for something that could be potentially wiped don't you think?

Still, would make a great talking peice for any collection :)

breeding_fear
Member Avatar
Established Member
Don't know the truth about this.. Ends in 4h and 30 min..
Got more bids now.. 62.. £68,100
Let's see what happens..
:n64: EUR PAL Games: 111/239

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply