Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Conkers Bad Fur Day Development Proto Cart
Topic Started: Oct 14 2017, 03:24 PM (1,380 Views)
Eddydacat
I thought this might interest some of you.

I was speaking to the owner of this cartridge last weekend, was sent some pictures and had a good discussion and it turns out that she acquired it through a very interesting and lucky circumstance.

Supposedly, she was in a local trade in shop when a chap was getting rid of all his old N64 games. They wouldn't accept this particular game due to it looking fake and homemade.

She then bought it from this chap (I would imagine for much less than even the shops trade in value for Conkers BFF), and obviously realised it was something special.

Talk about being at the right place at the right time!

It has now ended up on eBay and definitely acquired much attention.

Link below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/conkers-bad-fur-day-n64-Prototype-/132361105178?hash=item1ed1562f1a:g:9hUAAOSwJe1Z32cq

Would be a great article to add to the collection due to the status of the game.

Enjoy, ^_^
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eddydacat
I also think this cartridge had some sort of BAFTA heritage judging by the sticker on the back. Possibly nominated for a category and this was the entry sample?

That's my guess

Eddydacat
It does sound like the seller knows more than they are letting on. I had heard that this cartridge was put into an N64 around a week ago to try see what's on it and it simply wouldn't boot up at all. Who knows the truth.

It's a lot of money for something that could be potentially wiped don't you think?

Still, would make a great talking peice for any collection :)

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply