Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Goemon's Great Adventure; November Game of the Month
Topic Started: Nov 1 2017, 11:50 AM (363 Views)
Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Yeah it's really good. Along with Mischief Makers it's the only other "hardcore" 2D platformer on N64, by that I mean it's decently challenging and it's definitely the most traditional in that it feels like a Snes game. It was in 1 of my earliest posts on this forum where I was pointing out how detailed it was along with my crappy review I made. I saw a May 2009 clip from Xleague Tv where they called Goemon a hidden gem series and judging from forum posts from the early 2000's it seems it's always been that way. They are 1 of the first games that always come up in N64 or Snes hidden gem videos with good reason, but I've played the game 3 times fully and do frequently get tired of hearing about it especially when it gets called a hidden gem series in this day and age where it occasionally pops up on the front page of Reddit or a popular YouTube channel. It's not that I don't like people discovering the games it's just a weird cycle of seeing the same reactions and simplistic conversations over and over. (I have a high iq and demand more thought provoking conversations about my video games. If it has a Wikipedia article I won't even talk about it because it's too mainstream :coffee: )
Edited by Shellshocker18, Nov 11 2017, 05:16 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply