Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A few N64 Questions
Topic Started: Nov 22 2017, 07:40 AM (146 Views)
Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
GonzoArmstrong
Nov 22 2017, 12:48 PM
Yea I've opened them up and cleaned them. They all work (they were all pretty clean inside too). Just none of them save.

http://www.videogamemuseum.com/2012/03/20/easily-repair-your-pokemon-game-boy-color-cartridge/

I've found this which I have not yet tried.. The look is pretty meh but it beats trying to solder when I've never done it before.
Just updating my previous post. I have now tried the repair using electrical tape and it did indeed fix my pokemon gold. So for anyone with no soldering skills this is one option to replace the battery... although you still lose all your old data once the battery dies.
I did that to the exact same game. I used a knife instead of a screw driver to free the battery.

I have some repros. I would say that repros are a little iffy. If a chip is needed, it may not be there. For example my recent purchase of Animal Crossing for the N64 English translation. There is no chip on the board to keep time. Even through it is saved from the time I last played, I have to set the time at the beginning of each play.
The good of the repo carts is that the battery is made to be easily changeable, snap in and out.

I love being able to play Animal Crossing on my N64. I got my copy there at AliExpress. I will probably end up purchasing the Master Quest too.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply