Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Problems Saving Files on OOT; One console will save file while another will delete
Topic Started: Dec 1 2017, 08:33 AM (104 Views)
Mac's_link
My brother's and I have had an N64 for our entire childhoods and I recently lucked into two more for real cheap and have cleaned them up but one of them has a problem with actually saving files on the cartridge.
I was playing Ocarina of Time one day on the N64 with the "problem" and did not know anything was wrong until I saved my progress, turned off the console, and returned later to find out my entire file had been erased. The OOT cartridge works fine along with other games I have on the other consoles but this one will delete any file you are currently on.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is?? I researched online and could only find hits on the cartridge battery itself but since they work flawlessly on other consoles I doubt that the batteries are my problem.
TIA Mac
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GonzoArmstrong
Member Avatar
Mac's_link
Dec 1 2017, 08:33 AM
My brother's and I have had an N64 for our entire childhoods and I recently lucked into two more for real cheap and have cleaned them up but one of them has a problem with actually saving files on the cartridge.
I was playing Ocarina of Time one day on the N64 with the "problem" and did not know anything was wrong until I saved my progress, turned off the console, and returned later to find out my entire file had been erased. The OOT cartridge works fine along with other games I have on the other consoles but this one will delete any file you are currently on.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is?? I researched online and could only find hits on the cartridge battery itself but since they work flawlessly on other consoles I doubt that the batteries are my problem.
TIA Mac
So does OOT save and load properly on the other consoles? Even if the battery is dead on those games they will still play fine... just no save feature. there's around 11 games on the N64 that will not save due to the battery being dead
Edited by GonzoArmstrong, Dec 1 2017, 01:52 PM.

Mac's_link
GonzoArmstrong
Dec 1 2017, 01:51 PM
Mac's_link
Dec 1 2017, 08:33 AM
TIA Mac
So does OOT save and load properly on the other consoles? Even if the battery is dead on those games they will still play fine... just no save feature. there's around 11 games on the N64 that will not save due to the battery being dead

Yes OOT loads and save fine on the other two consoles

kartmaster
Member Avatar
Coffee Drinker
Does the faulty console erase the save when you press RESET?
Posted Image
Join in the N64 Forever MK64 Hotlap Competition!
Posted Image

ReliantLion
Member Avatar
I find it interesting that something I thought was an awesome feature (saving on cart) would come back to haunt us in this way. Although, I guess the mem packs had the same issue and affected ALL your other saves.

Anyways, I'd recommend replacing the battery.

Mac's_link
Sorry for being away for so long, I have been busy with school and autocross. @kartmaster yes the console does not save when I press the RESET button, @GonzoArmstrong and ReliantLion the game saves fine on the other N64 console I have just not one.

« Previous Topic · Modding, Repairs & Custom Projects · Next Topic »
Add Reply