Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hyperkin working on a portable n64 clone?
Topic Started: Dec 14 2017, 07:23 AM (168 Views)
ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Another article from Nintendo Life to discuss:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/12/hyperkin_has_created_a_prototype_portable_nintendo_64_mini

Even more than the prospect of a SupaBoy 64 (does anybody have Hyperkin’s portable SNES? - curious to hear your thoughts on it), I believe this is the first sighting of an n64 clone console. Not exactly sure when the patents expire but I wonder what implications this has for the N64 as a retro console to be desired by the public.

Have the clones for NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. had any effect on game pricing or other parts of the retro gaming community?
Edited by ItalianBaptist, Dec 14 2017, 07:23 AM.
Also known as: Toniokart64, Tonio’s Reckin Balls, Tonio Warrior Princess, Tonio in the 24th and a half Century, Tonio Trouble, Knockout Priests 2000, WCW vs. NTonio Revenge, Toniosphere, Tonio Story 2: Baptist Lightyear to the Rescue, Bakuretsu Muteki Toni-O, or Tonio Hawk’s Pro Skater 3
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Curious about the issue with the power brick; i've never heard of them being one of the vulnerable parts of the console, just the control stick.

I too have doubts about a Retron 64 selling well - as in just a clone of that one console. But what about a combination of NES/SNES/N64. Would that be more intriguing? Or something with HDMI without the need to mod the original console? I could see both of those as distinct possibilities.
Also known as: Toniokart64, Tonio’s Reckin Balls, Tonio Warrior Princess, Tonio in the 24th and a half Century, Tonio Trouble, Knockout Priests 2000, WCW vs. NTonio Revenge, Toniosphere, Tonio Story 2: Baptist Lightyear to the Rescue, Bakuretsu Muteki Toni-O, or Tonio Hawk’s Pro Skater 3
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply