Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2017 Awards - Game of the Year (Handheld/Mobile); Which is your fav?
Topic Started: Jan 2 2018, 03:38 PM (199 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
In the past, this award has recognized the best modern handheld game that calendar year. With Nintendo entering the mobile gaming market this year, it seems only fitting that we expand this category to include mobile games.

Each members may nominate one (1) game released in 2017 for any mobile or handheld system. After voting concludes, we will put it to a poll between the Top 3 nominees!

Prior Winners:

2016 - Miitomo
2015 - Majoraís Mask
2014 - Super Smash Bros 3DS
2013 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Does the switch count towards it this year :)
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Rocky
Member Avatar
Metroid: Samus Returns is my number one for this year. Samus was gone for a long time and she came back with such a great game.
Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I'm in agreement with Rocky on Metroid: Samus Returns. I don't normally get to play handheld games but I picked up a New 2DS XL a few months back and I've played a little of this return to 2D side scrolling Metroid of times gone by and I love it. A nice scratch to an eternal itch for me.

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
I vote for Super Mario Run... since I don't have a hand held system (except my switch)
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
buddy1983
Jan 4 2018, 07:16 AM
Does the switch count towards it this year :)
That poses an interesting thought ;)

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Super Mario Run v 2.0 (and beyond) did release this year, so I cast my for it. A GREAT 2D platformer; I hope Mario's next 2D console adventure has some levels like SMR.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Think i will have to second Super Mario Run, been hooked on it for the last week
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Super Mario Run is so addicting!! It also gets my vote (the switch is my only other hand held as well)

Give me them coins!!!
"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
I have a love/hate relationship with Pokťmon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. Is it a lazy rehash of a game just released the year before or does it take an already great game and make it better? Iím gonna have to say a little of both. Traveling through space is a new thing within the game thatís highly interactive though and itís worth nominating as handheld game of the year (barring Switch entries...weíll figure out what to do with that next time I guess)
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I will go with Super Mario Run

« Previous Topic · 2017 FORUM AWARDS · Next Topic »
Add Reply