Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2017 Awards - The Member Appreciation Topic; To determine our "Contributor of the Year Award"
Topic Started: Jan 2 2018, 03:58 PM (514 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
This thread will ultimately lead to the crowning of our "2017 Contributor of the Year".

The Staff wants members to feel appreciated and valued. It would be hard to ask members to single one individual out, so we are not going to do so.

We are asking all of our members to compile a list of other members you would like to thank and show your appreciation for. Go on, give 'em some love! We are looking for the members you feel are most valuable to the forum. Who has been super helpful? Who keeps you coming back? Who keeps the conversation going? Who can you tell truly cares for the forum? Who finds the time to stop by at least every day or two? Who always tries to greet new members? Who always treats other members with respect?

These are just some of the things that I'll be thinking about when putting together my list.

There is no limit to how many you members you can name, but we do ask that you keep it realistic. If members wish the include the Staff as a whole or individually, that is fine and appreciated, but Staff members will not be totaled up with the other members and cannot win the award.

At the end we will tally up the votes and the winner will be crowned our "2017 Contributor of the Year" :dance:

Prior winners:
2016 - Milage007 and No64DD (Tie)
2015 - No64DD
2014 - Vinyl
2013 - The Red Shadow
2012 - Alice Lawless & SicCooper (Tie)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
I gotta say Milage, BDR, No64DD, Kartmaster, Stinger, and Bamboozled are defiantly the people that I find make this forum great for me. There are lots of amazing members but somehow I always find myself chatting with this bunch. You guys are so friendly (except Milage... he killed Yoshi... JK) and always make me want to come back to check out whats going on with you and the site. I even follow a couple of them on outside sites like Instagram and YouTube. Thanks for making this the friendliest forum on the interwebs!!!
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Iím gonna vote for Shellshocker18 and italia64 for their awesome work on the N-Cyclopedia 64. I donít know danilochka as well as the other two but heís done a great job too so iíll add him to the list.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I appreciate all my book buddies, Italia, No64DD, and Danilochka, as well as people like Kerr Avon and JapaneseRetroGameCenter who have helped a little bit behind the scenes. Also the staff who have been making some major changes to try and keep the forum active
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
First, I want to recognize last years co-champs, Milage and No64DD. They continue make great contributions here on a regular basis and members par excellence!

The N-Cyclopedia crew, Shellshocker, Italia, No64DD (again), and danilochka are tremendous. They are so passionate about the N64 and by sharing their knowledge and insights with us, help keep this site as the definitive Internet destination for all things N64.

We had some terrific comebacks this year. So great to see Pimpin Mainer, D.J Cat and Grizzmeister, posting with regularity again.

Speaking of comebacks, Mymee carried the rookie class and may well be a solid contender for more awards in 2018. Her enthusiasm is greatly appreciated!

A few long-time occasional posters Iíd like to thank: Retro Junkie, Racer extraordinaire Boomdiers, Bamboozled, KelamyAUS, Danny_Galaga, ddr2nite, Zoki64 and Vinyl.

More solid blokes that make this place great: Rocky, Cabanon, EnvyFox, Sanni, The White Falcon, Sublime and master-crafter LinusHoffman.

Have to give a shout-out the artist formerly and once again known as Italian Baptist, too. Good dude; enjoy his contributions here.

Since Iím likely missing a few, please know if you posted here in 2017 (and it wasnít spam, lol), I thank you...makes the Staffís efforts here worthwhile. We all have unique experience and perspectives. Sharing them takes a thought and a little bravery, but makes our community stronger and better!

Finally, I want to recognize my fellow Staffers, Stinger, Floorcat, DeeMoney, kartmaster and Buddy. Special thanks to Stinger, whose Game of the Month thread has been popular it had to be reset after 80+ editions! He and Buddy were especially helpful to a little blue dog that seeks feedback on ideas of varying merit.

Thanks to all for an enjoyable 2017 and hereís to an even better 2018!

Edit 1: Retro Junkie added. Love his insight!
Edited by bluedogrulez, Jan 25 2018, 03:41 PM.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
Posted Image
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I would like to give a warm mention to every member that gets to contribute to this site. This is my second home, and we all make it a great place. Despite Photobucket trying to rain on the parade, we are all going stronger than ever as i see it.
This is why i want to thank the staff then and now; BDR, Stinger, Floorcat, Buddy, Deemoney, Kartmaster, and Red Shadow for making that possible.

Pimpin, Milage, D.J Cat, Grizzmeister, DDR2nite, Cabanon, Rocky, Envyfox, Bamboozled, Retro Junkie, ItalianBaptist, and MyMeeN64 also go on that list! I enjoy seeing most these names on a daily basis.

2017 has been one of the most dramatic, enthralling, and eye opening years to me.
The highlight is without a doubt the day i joined the S.S. NCyclopedia.

Granted, it has kept me occupied and a good reason i'm only here a few times a day now. :lol:
Nevertheless, i truly appreciate Italia, Shellshocker, and especially Danilochka. We make one hell of a team!

Ever since i climbed aboard our Yellow Submarine, it has been an amazing voyage that i never expected.
From flipping over stones in one country, to getting to play facebook golf with Boomdiers in Australia, my mind is literally wired into 40 different things at any given time, and i digitally get to travel the world every minute of every day!

It all stems from our forum, and i don't take any bit of it for granted.

On that note, i want to also share my thanks to Nillew, Tyree_Cooper, Shangyou, Breeding Fear, jonebone, xbrandilionx, Intendall, Houghton0609, and anyone else that i forgot and my team mentions; please second it.

Here's to another epic year. :n64:

Edited by No64DD, Jan 30 2018, 10:44 AM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Posted Image

This forum brings such feelings of joy, excitement, and friendship! :birdo:

Its been a blast getting to know you all, especially No64DD, Milage, BDR, Stinger, DJcat, and Rocky.

We are all so great together here! I'm looking forward to getting to know even more of you better!!
"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
These are always a challenge to do.

I want to thank my fellow staffers first off.
Bluedog - many would likely call the heart of our forum.
Floorcat - A mainstay here, been here even longer than myself!
Our moderators Kartmaster and buddy 1983 - For both always being so active and giving good feedback.
Deemoney - Even though he hasn't been as active as he once was, I appreciate his contributions.

Also a special nod to our forum founders/pioneers and past staffers.

Please excuse me if I forget someone!

Red Shadow, Milage, No64DD, D.J Cat, Shellshocker18, Grizzmeister, danilochka, Pimpin Mainer, DDR2nite, Zoki64, Vinyl, Cabanon, Rocky, Shangyou, Breeding Fear, jonebone, Envyfox, Italia, Bamboozled, Retro Junkie, ItalianBaptist, LinusHoffman, MyMeeN64, Intendall, Houghton0609, The White Falcon, Sublime,
Retro Junkie, Boomdiers, KelamyAUS, Danny_Galaga, Kerr Avon, and Xephrian

You are all solid contributors! Without you all, we wouldn't have much to talk about. I love our H&H crew! I love how we have people here still passionate about a 21 year old system :lol: Thank you all :yeah:

danilochka
Member Avatar
Weigh My Fish
Really feeling the love here. Normally I vote for everyone, but this year I have to give an extra special shout out to Italia64, No64dd, and Shellshocker. Thanks for being awesome and putting up with my overuse of gifs and memes on a daily basis
Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
No64DD is our "Contributor of the Year". Congratulation! Winning once is great, winning 3 times is truly special. The people's champion for sure :yeah:

No64DD
Member Avatar
Neva wizard Kee
I'm completely humbled. And gracious.
I considered myself kicked down a peg by some of the adiment members here, but no.
The people have spoken, and i truly appreciate it.

I'm going to share this award with all of you, and anyone willing to knock me off at this point.
It could happen to you.
8)
2018 here we come!
Edited by No64DD, Feb 3 2018, 08:18 AM.
A Secret star
lie here~

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Congrats Dan! You deserve it mate. Not sure how I managed to miss this one but nevertheless I agree with the votes! 4th time perhaps?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

« Previous Topic · 2017 FORUM AWARDS · Next Topic »
Add Reply