Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Games You've Finished In 2018; What games have you beaten this year?
Topic Started: Jan 8 2018, 08:13 PM (405 Views)
Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
Just finished my first game of the year and I figured I start the next generation of games you've beat!!!

PC

Tropico 5: The Lord of The Pearl
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Gamecube
Metroid Prime - Jan

PS Vita
Killzone: Mercenary - Jan

First 2 games of the year completed this weekend. Killzone is a great shooter for a handheld, looks really good and plays really well but the story is completely rubbish. Metroid Prime is a weird game for me, I've owned it for years and tried a few times to complete it but could never get into it. I was determined to finish it this time and used a walkthrough for the second half of the game. Still not sure the game is for me but the final boss fight was pretty good and I will pickup the second to see how that compares.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
Just got my Everdrive 64 after 2 months of waiting (USPS lost it) and my first game I beat was Wave Race 64. Lots of good memories as this was one of the first games I had as a kid. This game screams 90s! From the colors, music and visuals! I think with this new Everdrive I am going to try and beat 64 N64 games this year!

N64
NEW Wave Race 64

PC
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
And so it begins. got 4 hours of gaming in before work and I was able to know out 3 more games. Clay Fighter and Super Smash were quick and easy but vigalante 8 took me about 3.5 hours to beat. I used to rent this game all the time as a kid and me and my sister loved playing it. I never beat it as a kid (well I thought I did) I was playing around in the options menu and I saw atier of cars you need to beat the gaem with. In short you have to beat the game with all 8 of the original characters (4 events each), unlock 4 new characters, beat the game as them, then you unlock an alien ship. Never would i have guessed that there was an alien ship. That this handles like crap but its so OP that I smoked all the com players in the last round.

If I didn't have to work I think I could get one more game today... really tempted to start a Banjo Kazooie game (that's goona be a weekend project)

N64
NEW Clay Fighter 63 & 1/3
NEW Super Smash Bros. (Very Hard)
Wave Race 64
NEW Vigilante 8

PC
Edited by Pimpin Mainer, Jan 18 2018, 12:10 AM.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
Started today off with a little DDR, good old Japan. This game only has about 20 songs, and they are all Disney themed (aka Disney characters dancing) The spites looked pretty good but even on the hardest mode the game was pretty easy.) Para-Para Venus is my jam!!! Rocked that techno all morning lol.

After my DDR fisx was solved I switched to one of my childhood favorites Yoshi Story. Man this game still looks and plays great! Love the art style, co clean and so simple to play!
Spoiler: click to toggle

N64
Clay Fighter 63 & 1/3
NEW Dance Dance Revolution Disney Dancing Museum (Hard)
Super Smash Bros. (Very Hard)
Wave Race 64
Vigilante 8
NEW Yoshi Story

PC
Tropico 5: The Lord of The Pear
Edited by Pimpin Mainer, Jan 17 2018, 02:03 PM.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
Well I'm like a fat kid in a candy shop with this new Everdrive. Me and my girlfriend played and beat wheel of fortune together. It's a really good version of the game IMO. After that I had some time to hit an old PC favorite of mine but this time on the old N64!

N64
NEW Bust a Move '99
Clay Fighter 63 & 1/3
Dance Dance Revolution Disney Dancing Museum (Hard)
Wave Race 64
NEW Wheel of Fortune
Vigilante 8
Yoshi Story

PC
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Nintendo Switch
Picross S

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
So 2017 was kind of a flop for me in many, many ways (especially in terms of games completed!)... hopefully I can keep my current momentum going throughout 2018.

Got through a few games this past week already...
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One - a decent enough co-op shooter/platformer adventure game... definitely more enjoyable with friends.
God of War: Ascension - felt like a step down from God of War III (or at least my memory of it) in nearly every way... but still a fun GoW game.
After Burner Climax - couldn't exude an aura of arcade more than this... felt almost wrong playing it without pumping quarters into something.

games/DLC finished this year:
01/16 - Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (100%)
01/19 - God of War: Ascension (100%)
01/21 - After Burner Climax (100%)
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Assassin's Creed: Unity, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Gamecube
Metroid Prime - Jan

PS Vita

PS4
Just Cause 3 - Feb

Finished just cause 3 last night and its easily one of the best £5.00 I've ever spent. So much fun to be had with that game even with its faults. The frame rate was down right unplayable at times on PS4 but overall it was great fun.
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Slow start this year been working on a few but absolutely blitzed my annual play through Goldeneye 007 complete all levels and cheats beaten and unlocked all the way through to 007 mode in just 3 sittings over a two day period. BOOM.

N64:

-Goldeneye

Edit: Iíve actually done a review of Goldeneye on my YouTube channel for anybody who is interested. Itís not up there with other reviews as I donít have the equipment. However, I am confident the content of discussion will be right up there. All my own material.

https://youtu.be/B6HUlPow1kk
Edited by Milage007, Feb 4 2018, 07:18 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Nice, I'll check the review out later.
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
@ Milage you gotta teach me your ways on Control 007, been stuck for a while, beat the whole game as a kids but trying to do another full 007 got me stuck in the Control room.

Had a fun run with Banjo Kazzoie. I collected everything in this game!!! I almost gave up as my first run was 9 hours in and before starting the game I had the controller sitting on my leg and I think I hit the "z" button (erase file) and without thinking I hit "a" assuming that I was gonna start the game but instead I confirmed I wanted to delete it :facepalm: I freaked out when I saw the opening credits, I jumped up and turned of my N64 but it was too late. I had 89 jiggies, and 800 notes, all I had left was Click Clock Woods and Grunty but I erased it all... My second run shaved several hours off my time since I just recently beat 90% of the game... so I almost 100% the game twice.

It was fun to relive one of my favorite childhood games and I was surprised at how much I had forgotten about the game. Might be a while before I jump onto Banjo-Tooie or Conker, gonna mix it up... I think snowboard kids is the way to go.

N64
NEW Banjo-Kazooie (100%)
Bust a Move '99
Clay Fighter 63 & 1/3
Wave Race 64
Wheel of Fortune
Vigilante 8
Yoshi Story

PC
Edited by Pimpin Mainer, Feb 8 2018, 02:23 PM.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Wow flying ahead there Pimpin :yeah:
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Pimpin Mainer
Feb 7 2018, 05:03 PM
@ Milage you gotta teach me your ways on Control 007, been stuck for a while, beat the whole game as a kids but trying to do another full 007 got me stuck in the Control room.
Iíll film myself beating Control on 00 Agent and put it on my YouTube Pimpin then Iíll let you know. It wonít be the best quality as it will be a camera just recording the TV but itíll do the job I am sure.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
Thanks man. All I need is the part when Natalia is typing on the main computer and the enemies comes in from both sides. I need a good technique cus she keeps getting killed. I can make it thru the whole level up to that part without getting hit once. It almost feels like luck for me if the enemies come in crazy waves or come slow
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Pimpin Mainer
Feb 8 2018, 02:22 PM
Thanks man. All I need is the part when Natalia is typing on the main computer and the enemies comes in from both sides. I need a good technique cus she keeps getting killed. I can make it thru the whole level up to that part without getting hit once. It almost feels like luck for me if the enemies come in crazy waves or come slow
You just got to stay on the main floor and keep going one side to the other and shoot the crap out of the guards. Shoot them before they get anywhere near you if you can. Earlier the better. Iíll do a video anyway of the whole thing quite like the idea.

Edit: Run through with commentary now on my YouTube channel.

https://youtu.be/QoU4ZUJk2UQ
Edited by Milage007, Feb 10 2018, 01:47 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Gamecube
Metroid Prime - Jan
Resident Evil Zero - Feb

PS Vita
Sly Cooper - Feb

PS4
Just Cause 3 - Feb

Finished 2 games this week, resident evil zero which I started a couple of years ago but got stuck. Finally decided to give it another go but played it on easy which was a mistake, far too easy. Really enjoyed it though, graphics are great and switching between the 2 characters was fun at times too. The thing I really didn't enjoy though was the item management, why did they get rid of the item boxes?

The other game I finished was Sly cooper 1 on the PS Vita, I brought the trilogy collection a little while back. I havent played any of this trilogy before and thought it was a really good platformer, looking forward to playing the second one :yeah:
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
Thanks Milage, make it look easy. I never blow out the bottom glass, looks like that helps a bit. Also I think the guys wearing the black hats only shoot you and the hat-less ones only shoot Natalya
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Pimpin Mainer
Feb 10 2018, 11:02 AM
Thanks Milage, make it look easy. I never blow out the bottom glass, looks like that helps a bit. Also I think the guys wearing the black hats only shoot you and the hat-less ones only shoot Natalya
Yeah not blowing the glass does limit where they come from. I think this might be a better strategy but Iíve always done it this way since back in the day and old habits die hard. Now that you mention the hats vs non hats that does make sense / ring a bell.

Good luck with the floor James.

Looking forward to hearing you have beaten it soon!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
There, I have now beaten all the DLC for Tropico 5. Those last missions get so hard. I kept having rebel attack, uprisings, and military coops... After many many attempts at the last level I finally beat it.

N64
Banjo-Kazooie (100%)
Bust a Move '99
Clay Fighter 63 & 1/3
Wave Race 64
Wheel of Fortune
Vigilante 8
Yoshi Story

PC
NEW Tropico 5: Maltese Toucan
Edited by Pimpin Mainer, Feb 10 2018, 04:27 PM.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Crossed off Wheel of Fortune myself on the N64. One of my more recent pickups. Took me 2 goes though! Itís not as easy as you might think!

N64:

-Goldeneye
-Wheel of Fortune
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Itís mid-February and Iím finally on the board!

:NX:
Gear.Club Unlimited (won every race and championship)

I thoroughly enjoyed this racer. So many cars and upgrades, so many races and championships. In N64 terms, not as goofy as the Cruisín series, the drift mechanic is better than that in Ridge Racer, and more enjoyable and robust than its N64 doppleganger, Roadsters. 60+ hours and I accomplished nearly every local play achievement, but ďDriving the Circumference of the EarthĒ would take another 600 hours, so Iíll pass on that (for now). Highly recommend to racer fans.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Milage007
Feb 11 2018, 10:51 AM
Crossed off Wheel of Fortune myself on the N64. One of my more recent pickups. Took me 2 goes though! Itís not as easy as you might think!

N64:

-Goldeneye
-Wheel of Fortune
What did you think of Wheel? Was it as bad as that N64 magazine review said?
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
ItalianBaptist
Feb 12 2018, 06:16 AM
Milage007
Feb 11 2018, 10:51 AM

N64:

-Goldeneye
-Wheel of Fortune
What did you think of Wheel? Was it as bad as that N64 magazine review said?
Itís alright. Nothing special. I donít think itís bad. Thereís only so much excitement you can get out of playing the game though. Itís cool to have in the collection for sure.
Posted Image
Posted Image

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Nintendo Switch
Picross S
Splatoon 2

Nintendo 3DS
New Super Mario Bros 2.

Bamboozled
Member Avatar
veteran of the psychic wars
PC
Hotline Miami
Hotline Miami 2
Tomb Raider (2013)
Watch_Dogs

I had already beat everything on this list except for Tomb Raider-- I have a thing for 100% completion, and Tomb Raider has multiplayer achievements but dead servers. Spent something close to 20 hours grinding them. Uninstalled immediately, I can't stand it anymore.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
Always loved the Wolfenstien series, my favorite might be Return to Castle Wolfenstien but I gotta say they did a great job with this one!

N64
Banjo-Kazooie (100%)
Bust a Move '99
Clay Fighter 63 & 1/3
Wave Race 64
Wheel of Fortune
Vigilante 8
Yoshi Story

PC
Tropico 5: Maltese Toucan
NEW Wolfenstien: The New Order

Switch
NEW Arms
Edited by Pimpin Mainer, Feb 19 2018, 11:47 PM.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93

Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
First (and likely only :-8 ) game completion for February... The Swapper.
A great puzzle-platformer with an interesting space-mystery plot under it... really thoroughly enjoyed and recommend it! :w00t: Proud of the fact that I was able to solve all the puzzles without consulting anything. The collectibles on the other hand... so incredibly/impossibly well-hidden that there was no way I could find them all withOUT a guide. >_<

games/DLC finished this year:
01/16 - Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (100%)
01/19 - God of War: Ascension (100%)
01/21 - After Burner Climax (100%)
02/22 - The Swapper (100%)
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Assassin's Creed: Unity, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Megadrive
Pitfall Mayan Adventure - Feb

Gamecube
Metroid Prime - Jan
Resident Evil Zero - Feb

PS Vita
Sly Cooper - Feb
Resistance: Burning Skies - Feb

PS4
Just Cause 3 - Feb

Xbox One
Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus - Feb

Completed Wolfenstein 2, didnt enjoy it as much as the first and the expansion but still a really good game and the twist in the middle was great :) really like the villian Frau Irene Engel, great baddie >:-]

Edit
Managed to get another 2 games finished last night, first was Resistance: Burning Skies on the Vita, didn't enjoy this one at all. Bog standard shooter with rubbish story and poor graphics. Second was pitfall mayan adventure which is a game I've played a lot as a kid but never got too far in. Completed it on my first try last night, took around 2 hours and 2 continues. Overall a really enjoyable platformer with decent graphics, recommended.
Edited by buddy1983, Yesterday, 12:49 PM.
Youtube

UK resident

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply