Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What's your favorite sports team?; More About You Series!
Topic Started: Jan 9 2018, 02:38 PM (349 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Special thanks to our own bluedogrulez for the idea :yeah:

Most of us (myself included) have some affinity for sports of some kind.

For myself, I love American college football. The Tennessee Volunteers are my team.

I grew up in Oklahoma. Despite of the rich winning football traditions there, I hated it. I wish I had come around sooner. In 2002 I stated watching Tennessee football with my wife's family. I quickly became a fan. Soon I also started keeping up with the Oklahoma Sooners, but they were a distant 2nd to my Vols.

Despite the struggles of the last 10 years, I root for them every time they play. I am glad I have gotten to go to a handful of games, albeit none since 2008. Nothing like watching a game with over 100,000 fellow fans.

Outside of college football, I do enjoy Tennessee basketball as well. Got to meet our coach last year. I occasionally will watch the OKC Thunder play in the NBA when they make the finals. NFL I have no real team I root for. Some boring Sunday afternoons have found me watching a random game though.

So who do you root for?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cabanon
Elite
I'm Canadian, so it has to be a hockey team ! and yeah Montreal Canadiens is my fav team but I dont get upset when they loose and oh boy they're loosing hard this year. reminds me of the early 2000 years.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Excellent topic!

My favourite is the Brisbane Lions, our local team in the AFL (Australian Football League)

Don't know where to begin, but have liked them since 1998, before I even lived up here.

They won 3 premierships in a row from 2001-2003 which was absolutely legendary, they haven't been as good since, but are finally on the verge of turning it around (typical biased fan opinion 😂 )

Here is a highlight, one of the greatest comebacks of all time.
I was there for this game.
Absolutely incredible, unforgettable moment to be a part of.
Will be talking about it still in 50 years time I think.

https://youtu.be/0pV014TGg9A

EDIT:
And for a highlight from 8 years before that, check out this one!
Just happens to be against the same team they did the crazy comeback against!
https://youtu.be/Bb4hMZKtRA4
Edited by D.J Cat, Jan 10 2018, 12:38 PM.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
@DJ Cat: ESPN used to air AFL games years ago, and I loved watching them, even though I didnít have a clue as to what was really going on. That was some comeback...Like an NBA team draining deep three-pointers, your boys were putting them through the middle uprights from far away and all angles. Must have been magical to be there.

I look forward to contributing to this thread soon,...
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Good shout! Iím a huge football (as in soccer to most of you guys) supporter and love to follow my team, go to games, but also watch other teams on tv, play personally and also on football video games both manager and traditional games although less manager these days due to time constraints.

I support Aston Villa, which is pretty much local (I live not far from Birmingham, England). I also enjoy watching the national side although we are not very good really, forever underachieving etc.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Support my local team Reading FC and have done since 2004. Growing up no one in my family like football so i was never taken to a live game. In 2004 that changed when my mate had a spare ticket and I was hooked from there, game was terrible 1-1 drawing with Crew alexandra but it was enough for me.

These days I go less and less as my wife works weekends and I have both kids who are still a little too young to take. I have taken my eldest twice but it was a bit of a nightmare keeping her entertained whilst the game was going on.
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Does the Swedish Bikini Team count? :D
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
:lol: - Grizz

I am not shocked at all to see the number of soccer fans we have on here!

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
buddy1983
Jan 12 2018, 06:27 AM
Support my local team Reading FC and have done since 2004. Growing up no one in my family like football so i was never taken to a live game. In 2004 that changed when my mate had a spare ticket and I was hooked from there, game was terrible 1-1 drawing with Crew alexandra but it was enough for me.

These days I go less and less as my wife works weekends and I have both kids who are still a little too young to take. I have taken my eldest twice but it was a bit of a nightmare keeping her entertained whilst the game was going on.
Tables seem to have turned this season Buddy! Villa doing as well as Reading last year and Reading as poor as Villa. Hopefully we can keep it up and mount a serious promotion challange. Villa need to be back in the Premier League. UTV.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
It's painful to watch this season. Yaps tactics clearly aren't working and he's too stubborn to change it up. Real possibility of us going down this year which would be a massive shame. Make next year's FIFA more interesting though :)
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

Pimpin Mainer
Member Avatar
When I shoot, I shoot to film
I have to say it's the Patriots (American Football). I'm not a bandwagon fan I grew up in Maine so its my home team. Its very nice to claim a title every year or so and I am very pumped about this season. We will see how the game goes against the jaguars next week!
Edited by Pimpin Mainer, Jan 18 2018, 12:14 AM.
My Nintendo Collection

NES - 93
SNES - 45 N64 - 147 Game Cube - 5 Wii - 45 Switch - 11

Nintendo Friend Code: SW-8019-6333-1909

Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Sorry the Superbowl didn't work out for you Mainer.

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Ill say the Chicago Bulls! (Basketball)

We haven't been as big of fans as of late... I still can't believe they traded Jimmy Buckets. :eh:

I miss Noah and Gasol ;_;
"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Posted Image

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
St. Louis Cardinals as far as baseball is concerned. Favorite sports team of all-time across all sports. Been fascinated with them since I was around 9 or 10 years old in the mid 80s and during my first time residing in the state of Missouri. Fell in love with the red uniforms and hats, the regal red birds on the baseball bat, classic old Busch Stadium, and most of all, my favorite baseball player of all-time, Mr. Ozzie Smith.
Posted Image

I've gotten to see a handful of games in St. Louis over my lifetime and I root for my team through thick and thin, regardless of how much or how little I'm able to pay attention to their yearly journey.

The only other sports team I'd say is a favorite is the Green Bay Packers in the NFL. I love football almost as much as baseball but my story for why I love Green Bay is kind of unusual. It was in 1990 that I latched onto them, and they were pretty abysmal at the time. It would be a few years before a player by the name of Brett Favre took over at QB. I had been into teams like the New York Giants, the Los Angeles Raiders and a few others, but mostly for fashion reasons. See, this was in the late 80s and the beginning of the 90s and I was in high school at a time when sports team clothing was what you wore and I did my best to fit in. I stumbled upon Green Bay and really liked their not-so-fashionable at the time color scheme of green and yellow. I got a Packers hat and jumped on board the ride. Thankfully they became a great team after that and remain so to this day. I'm not saying I had anything to do with that but...

Here's our current quarterback, Aaron Rodgers:
Posted Image

I have some casual interest in basketball these days but nothing like I did in the 90s. I was always a big fan of the Chicago Bulls and the Orlando Magic but my favorite team was the Charlotte Hornets. Unfortunately, that team moved to New Orleans in 2002 or so and guys like Michael Jordan were getting out of the game (I really enjoyed when he went to play for the Chicago White Sox in MLB and I really wanted him to succeed at that) and my interest waned. Charlotte got a team back in 2004, the Bobcats, but my basketball days were done. I just read on Wikipedia that they are called the Hornets again. I think, for me anyway, that it's way too late to get back into another big sport.

My favorite basketball player, Glen Rice:
Posted Image

I've been a fan of lots of other teams, and still am, like the Atlanta Braves, Colorado Rockies and Tampa Bay Rays in Major League Baseball and, in football, the (formerly) St. Louis Cardinals, now in Arizona, the (formerly) St. Louis Rams, now back in Los Angeles where they were before moving to St. Louis in 1995, and the San Diego Chargers, who are now in LA, too. I've never taken a liking to other sports like hockey, soccer (sorry international friends) or anything else.

That's probably more than you wanted to know but sports used to be a major passion of mine. I always wanted to play baseball, so much so that I used to hit up batting cages as often as I could and when I couldn't do that I'd just go out behind my home in Montana when I was in high school and hit rocks with the baseball bats I'd buy and then destroy. Problem was, I was always afraid of the ball in game situations and anxiety drove me away from little league when I was very young. I still dream of what might have been. But hey, that's what I have MLB The Show for, right? :lol:
Edited by The Red Shadow, Feb 11 2018, 10:35 PM.

« Previous Topic · Social Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply