Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
January 11th Nintendo Direct Mini
Topic Started: Jan 11 2018, 10:11 AM (141 Views)
The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Reddit Summary and link to video

I'm most excited for SNK Heroines and Mario Tennis Aces. Nice to see some more Wii U games being rescued off the platform too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Mario Tennis Aces really seems like the evolution of Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, which was more like a technical beta than a full game. Honestly I've been thinking about that a lot lately and it's sad Nintendo was willing to release something that unfinished and barebones. It proves to me that they aren't against shovelware garbage and makes me fear for their future. This one will be better.

Also Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze coming to Switch now. It's definitely the right move, but it's they are burying the Wii-U's future appeal even more. At least N64 still has exclusives. By the time Switch is done Wii-U seriously might not have anything but slightly worse versions of Switch, 360, and PS3 games. Wonderful 101 and Starfox Zero are still there though.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Good point about the Wii U games and a shame in my opinion.

I've never played Dark souls and payday 2 before so i may pick them up, also maybe Mario Tennis when it goes on sale.
All the hype over this direct and it was a bit limp :)
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
Shellshocker18
Jan 11 2018, 10:26 AM
Wonderful 101 and Starfox Zero are still there though.
So, of notable exclusives, there are still

* Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
* Game and Wario
* Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
* Twilight Princess HD
* Wind Waker HD
* New Super Mario Bros U/Luigi U
* Nintendo Land
* Pikmin 3
* Star Fox Zero/Guard
* Super Mario 3D World
* Smash for Wii U (eh, I know it had a 3DS version)
* Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE
* Tank Tank Tank
* Wonderful 101
* Xenoblade Chronicles X
* Paper Mario Color Splash
* Splatoon

I know I left a few games off but they're mostly ones people either wouldn't care about (AC Amiibo Festival, Sonic Boom, etc) or ones with later 3DS ports (Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World). The library's definitely getting smaller but I don't see all of those getting ports off. I'd say Xenoblade Chronicles X and the two Zelda remakes are the most likely candidates for Switch ports.

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Shellshocker18
Jan 11 2018, 10:26 AM
they are burying the Wii-U's future appeal even more.
Exactly my feeling as "enhanced" versions of Hyrule Warriors and Tropical Freeze were announced. And love your list, and here are my predictions:

* Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker--Not likely due to many gamepad features
* Game and Wario
* Kirby and the Rainbow Curse--Maybe if they go handheld mode only, or replace swipes with motion
* Twilight Princess HD--probably a VC release
* Wind Waker HD--probably a VC release
* New Super Mario Bros U/Luigi U--Switch will get an original 2D Mario, but maybe this is a VC release at some point.
* Nintendo Land--Not likely due to many gamepad features
* Pikmin 3
* Star Fox Zero/Guard--Many gamepad features, but I say SFZ gets "enhanced controls" release on Switch.
* Super Mario 3D World--Not likely due to many gamepad features and new 3D Mario game.
* Smash for Wii U (eh, I know it had a 3DS version)--Definitely coming.
* Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE--probably
* Tank Tank Tank--Not likely due to gamepad camera feature.
* Wonderful 101--Maybe if they go handheld mode only, or replace swipes with motion
* Xenoblade Chronicles X--probably a VC release
* Paper Mario Color Splash--probably a VC release
* Splatoon--Not happening, but once the servers go down, the Wii U version will only have campaign mode.
**Super Mario Maker--somehow it will happen
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
I'm honestly really, REALLY excited for Nintendo gamers to finally have a Souls game!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: I know they're a kind of game that isn't for everyone, but if you can get into them, they are about as rewarding and epic as a video game can be!!

(I know... I haven't played BotW yet - I haven't played Bloodborne or Dark Souls II or III yet either - but Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are among my top 3 most favorite games OF. ALL. TIME.) :wub:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
I feel like TMS#FE's GamePad integration and general market failure (Japan really hated it) make a port unlikely, at least any time soon. It might need to wait a while to be "discovered" down the line.

« Previous Topic · Nintendo Switch · Next Topic »
Add Reply