Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hello
Topic Started: Jan 15 2018, 06:00 AM (200 Views)
jonathancutt
Hey everyone,

Just thought that I would pop in and introduce myself. I live in Perth, Western Australia and I've loved the N64 since I was 12-years-old. My first console was a NES (well, that I can actually remember and actively played - I think I did have an Atari before that...) and have had pretty much every console since. But I think it was the timing of the N64, the shift to 3D graphics and that revolutionary controller that really cemented it as THE console that defined my younger days.

I long ago sold off my PAL N64 and all my games and things - which included 2 green Hori Mini pads I bought personally whilst on exchange in Japan :( - but last year decided I wanted to revisit those awesome games. Even if they do release an N64 Mini, we all know that licensing conflicts will keep a good number of those off the system, and it just wouldn't be the same anyway. So, I bought an NTSC model off eBay (for 60hz and to avoid horrible PAL conversions) and an Expansion Pak along with an Australian power supply and went from there. I took it all apart, cleaned it all up, sent it off to be modded with an UltraHDMI and started collecting the games again.

I think I've just about got all the games that I most fondly remember, and will probably let my 64drive fill the rest of the gap. I've really just been chasing loose cartridges that have both front and back stickers in good condition; that's good enough for me. Stick them those snug plastic clear cases with matching printed sticker on the top spine - you're probably all seen that before - after I've cleaned them all up and made them look near-new again.

Just waiting for a universal cartridge tray to arrive in the post and I might grab a few Japanese titles that I can recall being disappointed as a kid not being able to play - some of the Doraemon games come to mind.

Anyway, that's my N64 story. Nice to meet you and great to be here.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Welcome to the forum mate! Good to have you on board.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'You know itís funny, when it rains it pours they got money for wars but canít feed the poorí

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever! Glad to have you :yeah:

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Welcome! I love loose carts too!

How did your hdmi mod go? Did you get it back yet?
"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Posted Image

jonathancutt
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone.

Hey, MymeeN64. I actually got it modded with an UltraHDMI about a year ago, but I've had a kid since then and things got a bit busy! I'm just getting back into what I started a year ago, really. I will upgrade the firmware for it when I get my 64drive in the post. It has been absolutely fantastic. I think one of the best things about it is that the standard multi AV output works simultaneously with it, so you can plug both into your TV and switch back and forth between the inputs to see what kind of difference it makes.

Next project: I'm going to pick up a little soldering iron tomorrow to mod my Rumble Pak to work without batteries.

EDIT: Did the Rumble Pak mod. Did a way neater job than I was expecting. Works a charm.
Edited by jonathancutt, Jan 20 2018, 07:56 AM.

« Previous Topic · Welcome and Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply