Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nintendo Labo; Cardboard IR Fun!
Topic Started: Jan 17 2018, 04:13 PM (111 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Well if you JUST KNEW what Nintendo was revealing at 5PM NYC time, you're either a Nintendo Executive or a bit of a fibber.

Nintendo Labo is . . . well . . . a little Google Cardboard, a little IR, and a whole lot of I-did-not-see-that coming.

Labo appears to be cardboard sets that you build (and decorate) into objects that are completed with the joy cons and/or Switch screen. A piano, made of cardboard and Switch components, that plays music, for instance. A fishing rod, made of cardboard, that functions as a controller for a fishing game. The most ambitious example: a backpack/VR headset that allows you to control a giant robot/mechs arms. Amazing, weird and totally Nintendo.

Releases 04/20/18 in at least two sets. More details (hopefully) to follow.

The first two “toy con” packs to be released are:
—Various activities (all but the Robot): $70
—Robot: $80
Edited by bluedogrulez, Jan 17 2018, 07:32 PM.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Seems very interesting, I do like that robot game and fishing would be cool especially that remote toy-con car is hilarious to drive, I think sons and daughters would love to play this. Daughter would love that house and decorating it. Especially controlling a Cardboard man :P .

Ps: I preordered the two toy con sets and the stickers to customise my cardboard creations.
Edited by Boomdiers, Jan 17 2018, 10:02 PM.
Nintendo Network ID: Boomdiers
Switch ID: SW-4856-0523-8306

My Nintendo 64 collection most of them are PAL and some NTSC
Posted Image

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Yesssssss!!

Husband and I were waiting all day to hear the news!!

I love this! So Nintendo. So awesome. Also something I think would be worth buying an extra to squirrel away, all that cardboard is going to get beat to oblivion. Im sure there will be a young future Mymee that would buy this from me for her collection :lol:

Its going to be so much fun :) My sons most excited about the robot fighting backpack and I'm into the piano/fishing pole.
"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Posted Image

buddy1983
Member Avatar
Veteran
Only Nintendo X_D you couldn't imagine Microsoft or Sony bringing out cardboard peripherals.

Does that mean that project big robot for the Wii U is back alive?
Youtube

Wii U user name: Read1ngFC (thats a one and not a i)

Switch friend code SW-4595-4819-7191

UK resident

Posted Image

I'm currently playiing triangle in a reggae band. I just stand in the back and Ting

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@buddy: you do have to wonder if the robot set is a final iteration of Project Giant Robot. I can see Ninty NOT going with that name as part of it effort to distance itself from the Wii U. But I bet you are right.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
As I mention more detail about Nintendo Labo, couple weeks ago Nintendo upload two videos containing important information new information about toy-con set 1 and 2. Toy-con set 1 had the motorbike game which reminds me of the game Modnation racers for the Ps3 but it is kinda like that so. but using the IR sensor to make a shape from the picture or object in front of the IR sensor to create landscape for the track. that is one of the items for motorbike game and other one is like a mini motorbike with the joycon and that uses motion to create your track by moving up and down to go up and down on the track and left and right to go, basically you get the point.

Man I can't wait to get my hands on this amazing device and people say that it would take few hours just to complete the robot toy-con set. And most importantly designing my toy con creations will be awesome to see.

Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Love your excitement . . . and the motorcycle game is the one I am most personally interested in. I do wonder if the variety Labo kit will be like NintendoLand in that it provides many amazing experiences, but leaves one wanting more. The trailers sure do look encouraging!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Boomdiers
Member Avatar
The Bombinator!
Especially in garage mode where you can program your own cardboard creations to life.

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Nintendo Switch · Next Topic »
Add Reply