Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
February Game of the Month Vote Off
Harvest Moon 64 5 (29.4%)
Wheel of Fortune 1 (5.9%)
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer 4 (23.5%)
Roadsters 1 (5.9%)
Sin & Punishment 6 (35.3%)
Total Votes: 17
February Game of the Month Vote Off
Topic Started: Jan 20 2018, 03:30 PM (399 Views)
stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
We had a great batch of nominations, and a healthy number of them too :yeah:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Please God Jesus Sin & Punisment. If it's the only Japanese game I can ever vote for then I want it now
Posted Image
Posted Image I only partially like some of you
Posted Image The award I will forever be most proud of

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
I am sure it will make a strong showing. Was hoping Indiana Jones would make it past the drawing but :nope:

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I was finally planning on playing Indy again soon and doing a 100% run for N-Cyclopedia 64 purposes. Maybe by March I'll have more to say about it. It's been a long time since I first beat it
Posted Image

The White Falcon
Member Avatar
I loaded up Harvest Moon 64 in 2016 for the first time since 2003 or so and was greeted with this:

Posted Image

:facepalm: :rollseyes: :lol:

Easily one of my top five on the system.

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
Ah man! How did Indy not make the final cut. Harvest Moon 64 for me out of these lot. Sin & Punishment will do well and if not win in a future month. Very close call.
Posted Image

Follow my N64 Instagram - milage007_n64

Tupac Shakur - 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for.í

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Luck of the draw unfortunately. It will be nominated next month I am sure :yeah:

1985gamer
Member Avatar
Why wasn't Indy on the list? I'd have voted for that. From the selection I've chosen S&P, why anyone voted Wheel of Fortune is beyond me

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Since it doesnít look like wheel of fortune is gonna take it iíll Post my thoughts from my temporarily in-hiatus blog ;)

My N64 came with three games. Two of those games, Super Mario 64 and Wave Race 64, really need no introduction. Maybe someday Iíll talk about both of them more ink depth; suffice it to say at the time I didnít appreciate the way Mario 64 changed 3D gaming forever or Wave Raceís realistic water physics. The last of the games, however, is much less notable but when I look back it really helped me define who I am as a gamer. That game was Wheel of Fortune.

What about a basic game show port made it such a big deal to me? In essence, Wheel of Fortune showed me the capabilities of the N64 as a system and helped me figure out what games I like to play. Though Gametek had released Wheel on the NES and SNES before it, this would be the first time a Nintendo console had more than two controller ports. It helped me to understand the N64 as primarily a system for great multiplayer games and heavily influenced my future game choices for the console and beyond. Some of my friends went on from Mario 64 to Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64. A lot of other people would go on to sing the praises of Zelda transitioning from 2D to 3D. My single-player experiences consisted mainly of me practicing Mario Kart and Smash Bros. to school everyone at the next N64 party. (Said schooling was still rare even with practice...)

To this day local multiplayer is my preferred way of playing video games. Thereís definitely a place for being immersed in the story of a great single-player game or being part of an online community. But thereís an inherent social aspect about local multiplayer that none of the other experiences can replace. The N64 was my first, and with 4 controller ports built in it could enhance the experience in ways that the NES or SNES ever could. Thatís why after all these years the N64 is still my favorite game console of all time.

It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Wow, three of BDR's favorites: SWE1R, S&P and Roadsters!! The first two are my 1A and 1B of N64 games. I actually did not think S&P was eligible, but glad it is. I will vote for it because I still think far less people here have experienced it than SWE1R.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
1985gamer
Jan 22 2018, 08:07 AM
Why wasn't Indy on the list? I'd have voted for that. From the selection I've chosen S&P, why anyone voted Wheel of Fortune is beyond me
Nominated games are each written on a little piece of paper. I put them in a bowl and stir them up. The 5 games that are drawn out make the poll.

1985gamer
Member Avatar
stinger9142
Jan 22 2018, 10:31 AM
1985gamer
Nominated games are each written on a little piece of paper. I put them in a bowl and stir them up. The 5 games that are drawn out make the poll.
Cheers hadn't fully understood!

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
I can play and therefore contribute if any of the bottom 3 games win. 😊

I've played all 3 a little bit, and enjoyed them.

Love having a reason to go all the way 😉

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
1985gamer
why anyone voted Wheel of Fortune is beyond me
That bad? Iíve just bought that. Suffice to say itís primarily for collectability. However, I was looking forward to having a blast on it!! :whistle:
Posted Image

Tupac Shakur - 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for.í

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
I like Wheel of Fortune. The only thing about it that's interesting really is that the box lies about the number of puzzles which most people don't know.

Glad S&P is pulling ahead
Edited by Shellshocker18, Jan 22 2018, 12:50 PM.
Posted Image

EnvyFox
Member Avatar
Tally up another one for Harvest Moon 64! While it definitely shows it's age in parts, my friend and I replayed this about a year or two ago and it's still one of my favorites in the series along with A Wonderful Life, Friends of Mineral Town and A New Beginning.
Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Shellshocker18
Jan 22 2018, 12:49 PM
I like Wheel of Fortune. The only thing about it that's interesting really is that the box lies about the number of puzzles which most people don't know.

Glad S&P is pulling ahead
Iíve been lied to all these years???

Sorry if my long post earlier came off as a little defensive. The blog I started doesnít look like itís going anywhere but I wanted to show you all what I was able to write so far :p

No hard feelings at 1985gamer or anything ;)

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
Since I nominated it, of course I voted for Sin & Punishment. It's just sitting there on my Wii's main page beckoning me to finally play it. :lol:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Quote:

Iíve been lied to all these years???

Sorry if my long post earlier came off as a little defensive. The blog I started doesnít look like itís going anywhere but I wanted to show you all what I was able to write so far :p

Yeah, it was one of the earliest games i did on N-Cyclopedia. The box claims to have over 4,000 questions across 31 categories despite the manual saying 34 categories. Danilochka went into the game code and found the game actually has 3,878 puzzles and 30 categories. So just under 4,000, those Gametek snakes in the grass pulled the wool over all our eyes. I hope spoiling that fact doesn't hurt book sales, tcrf hasn't got everything N64 related I assure you. Actually all the N64 game show games have cool stuff hidden in the code, but the others I'll keep secret.
Edited by Shellshocker18, Jan 22 2018, 03:48 PM.
Posted Image

1985gamer
Member Avatar
ItalianBaptist
Jan 22 2018, 03:12 PM

Hey, it's nice to know that it made an impact however I guess I was more lucky to have titles like Snowboard Kids, Diddly Kong Racing, Goldeneye and Mario Kart to shape my early multiplayer experience with friends.

Personally I place Wheel of Fortune securely in the 'unplayable' category of games (along with Doom -sorry Doom fans).

Do you have a link to your blog?
Edited by 1985gamer, Jan 22 2018, 05:55 PM.

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
1985gamer
Jan 22 2018, 05:52 PM
Personally I place Wheel of Fortune securely in the 'unplayable' category of games (along with Doom -sorry Doom fans).

Careful, thems fightin words round here. I haven't played Doom 64 but some people will swear it's their favorite, or at least that it's better than Doom 3. Also Wheel is ugly, but it's playable. I usually find humor in how ugly a lot of gameshow games are
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Doom 64 is fantastic, but like NBA Hangtime, suffers from poor default controls.

I always check and play around with the controls and change it to something I am familiar with when I start a new game 🤓

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
1985gamer
Jan 22 2018, 05:52 PM
Right now my blog is set to private mode because I donít like having it up there so incomplete. I might come back to it eventually though.

I was a weird kid back then. When all the other kids were crushing on Britney and Christina, Vanna was my one true love lol

1985gamer
Member Avatar
Posted Image
https://ibb.co/bWrSww

"About as much fun as falling into a vat of industrial strength acid"

Happened to be watching an episode yesterday of Glenn Plant's excellent YouTube channel when this review of Wheel of Fortune popped up from the much loved UK N64 magazine. Probably one of their worst reviews ever, I remember reading this too and laughing. Maybe it's a UK/USA cultural thing that is just lost in translation!

Re Doom 64 I'm not a fan of pre-3D retro gaming and find the enemy sprites just too garishly basic and would rather play the excellent Turok 3, I promise to give it a proper try though seeing as there's so much love for it 😉
Edited by 1985gamer, Jan 23 2018, 07:39 PM.

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Oh man, that review was a hoot! A little harsh, but I get why people wouldnít like it.

MymeeN64
Member Avatar
Harvest moon is addicting! "Just one more day.....I'll just play one more day..." <_>

Bring on the ladies!! :w00t:
"Mom, can I play pretendo?" -Nathan, age 4 :wub:

Posted Image

Milage007
Member Avatar
Licensed to Game
This is close!!!
Posted Image

Jsboger
Member Avatar
Established Member
Played Star Wars Racer a lot growing up so I just had to go with that!
Nintendo Sixty-FOOOOOOOOOOUR!!!!!!

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Very close poll results so far. Just a few days left to vote, and it may go down to the wire. Every vote counts! :yeah:

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Iíve already voted and iím not emotionally invested enough to change my vote, but iíll just say this: this month we had a racing game without four player support, do we really need to in a row, as great as SWE1:R admittedly is?

As for the other two, fight it out :)

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · N64 Game of the Month! · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: