Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Approaching N64 as a Sega Kid
Topic Started: Feb 2 2018, 08:11 PM (338 Views)
Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Don't have many thoughts, though I'm glad to see people infatuated by N64 specifically, some of my favorite games are on Nes and Snes but it hasn't grabbed me the same way either. I'll have more time with them when I'm older and hopefully I can approach more Sega consoles as a Nintendo kid. The era definitely was a bit of a reboot, or a side season at least. There will probably never be another era of such drastic change and evolution like that 1995-2000 3D era.

You can still feel Nintendo revisiting ideas from Mario 64 and up until recently the Zelda games. Like movies it's easy to see how derivative games have become since then, because most modern games are just using extensions of ideas that started back in this era, and I think we are in or have already passed the golden age of video game creativity, the foundations have pretty much been set for next 100+years, You say N64 could be a good starting point for anybody wanting to get into "the classics". I wouldn't think so but some people adapt to the era well, but to be honest I've seen people enter with pretty much every console even GameCube and Wii. There really isn't preferred starting point I would point anybody too. it's just whatever types of games catch people's eyes, usually Mario and Zelda and the like. For the record I hope you continue to explore N64 because outside the initial classics there is still a lot to find, a lot of really original stuff that's still unique today

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply