Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Favorite Pokémon Stadium Mini-Games; Float like a Butterfree, Sting like a Beedrill ;)
Topic Started: Feb 28 2018, 10:02 AM (127 Views)
ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
About a month ago I introduced some friends of mine to the wonders of Pokémon Stadium mini games. I figured it would be an easier way to get them used to the N64’s controller; I have no problem with it but it can be a bit intimidating to the uninitiated.

A fun time was had by all, but certainly some of the mini games were better than others. It really got me to thinking that I wanted to let everyone know what my favorites were and why. As a general rule, the more control I have over the Pokémon and the more strategic the game is, the higher it rates in my book. I’m not a big fan of the “button mashers”.

Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2 are underappreciated gems on the N64 that have never been re-released on the Virtual Console. Colosseum and XD were solid on the Gamecube and Battle Revolution on the Wii did what it set out to do, but the Stadium game will always be my favorites because of the customizable rental teams and the mini games. Here are the ones in the latter category that stand out to me the most. I’ll go into more detail as we get more discussion but I want to hear what your favorite mini games are first.

Honorable Mention: Barrier Ball (Stadium 2 - Mr. Mime)

10 - Ekans’ Hoop Hurl (Stadium 1)
9 - Streaming Stampede (Stadium 2 - Cleffa/Igglybuff)
8 - Topsy Turvy (Stadium 2 - Hitmontop)
7 - Rampage Rollout (Stadium 2 - Donphan)
6 - Egg Emergency (Stadium 2 - Chansey)
5 - Eager Eevee (Stadium 2)
4 - Cross Cut Challenge (Stadium 2 - Scyther/Pinsir/Scizor)
3 - Clefairy Says (Stadium 1)
2 - Rock Harden (Stadium 1 - Metapod/Kakuna)
1 - Sushi Go Round (Stadium 1 - Lickitung
Edited by ItalianBaptist, Feb 28 2018, 10:02 AM.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NzBoi
Member Avatar
Great Topic,

From Pokemon Stadum 1 Run, Ratata, Run always got my heart racing. those little paddles came up so quick...!

but from this list, Topsy Turvy has my vote.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply