Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Post when you buy or sell anything interesting; Share your recent non-gaming related purchases here
Topic Started: Jul 28 2018, 07:52 AM (133 Views)
Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
I finally replaced my vintage Casio DW-5200 that I got back in the late 1980's with a modern DW-5600.

Posted Image

The 5200 on the left still works perfectly but I can no longer find bezels for it at a reasonable price. It was actually cheaper just to buy the 5600 on the right brand new.

In this day and age it probably seems silly to buy a wrist watch but I like to spend time outdoors away from cell phone reception so the new 5600 will come in quite handy. Besides, Casio G-Shocks have a cult following of collectors and enthusiasts that are possibly even more passionate than us N64 fans. :o

My DW-5600 is the budget model Casio G-Shock or "G-Square" as they're affectionately called but the top of the line version the GW-5000 is considerably more expensive. That's because it features a solar charge system and radio wave atomic time keeping that my humble DW-5600 doesn't have. Since I'm gonna be rough on my new G-Square just like I was on my old one, I couldn't justify spending ~ $300 on the GW-5000, though. :rollseyes:
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
Nice topic. I frequent Amazon more than I should :lol:

Most recently I have purchased a lot of leather tooling supplies and some nice pieces of leather.

The most fun thing I have bought recently was a new axe

HERE

Cabanon
Elite
sold my 42 inch LCD tv while buying a 50 inch plasma 3d tv but the lady back off and my 42 is gone. now I do not have a TV downstairs and cant enjoy gaming anymore. fml !

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Not very interesting, but one (or actually a few) of my recent purchases were some silicone baking mats (that came with silicone brush & spatula) and a rolling pin... hoping to start being more serious about creating some (more, simple) baked goodies!! :w00t:

Posted Image
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

« Previous Topic · Social Board · Next Topic »
Add Reply