Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home | News | Site Map
Frequently asked about links:

Active Topics Around the Forums

Current SEPTA's Bus & Light Rail Assignments by Depot (includes Norristown High Speed Line)
Push Pull Assignments
Vehicle Overhaul Status Page
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Hybrid buses for BARTA
Topic Started: May 10 2009, 06:34 AM (6,255 Views)
Nabi60SFW9620
Foamer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
BARTA is in the process of getting new hybrid buses. Gillig BRTs. If you go to BARTAs website. www.bartabus.com you will find a link above the main picture that is about BARTAs hybrid buses. The picture in the link is a 40ft Gillig BRT hybrid.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tritransit Area
Member Avatar
Transit Enthusiast
Oh wow, that's interesting. I wonder how many of these hybrids they are ordering.

Nabi60SFW9620
Foamer
They got 5 new Gillig BRT hybrids and 4 more are suppose to be coming. For the 08s. They got 8 new diesel Gillig BRTs in 08. 6 35ft 0857-0862 and 2 40ft 0881-0882. And 2 diesels came in for 09. No word on the numbering. I do hope to get back to Reading sometime soon. Next weekend I will be unable to.

Tritransit Area
Member Avatar
Transit Enthusiast
I used to go to Reading every year because the fleet was so diverse, especially with the 6v92TA Gillig Phantoms (which I had never ridden before anywhere). Now it's just bland with so many BRTs running around. Guess they still have the diesel Gillig Advantages and the New Flyers and Opuses, but what's the point? Outside of the Opus, they are just common buses that can be found anywhere.

With what you just said, I'm sure the 1991 Gillig Phantoms are long gone with the Orion Is.

gm1121983
Transit Fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes, they are gone. Last year, we still had a couple 1989 Orion Is (8901 and 8905), and we still had a few 1990 Orion Is and 1991 Gillig Phantoms. Then, the last two 1989 Orions got replaced with 2008 Gillig BRTs as well as some of the 1990 Orions and 1991 Gilligs. The last few Phantoms and Orions that we had got replaced with new 2009 Gillig BRT Hybrids.

Van2006ko
Foamer
Thank you for the infomation and BTW, take a looksee at this page.
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info/BARTA.php

We are trying to be as up to date as possible and if you have any information which you would like to contribute, you can email me at van2005ko[at]gmail.com
Edited by Van2006ko, Oct 7 2009, 07:38 AM.

Rail_Guy 8202
Member Avatar
The southern delco northern de reporter
Van2006ko
Jun 26 2009, 02:48 PM
Thank you for the infomation and BTW, take a looksee at this page.
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info/admin/editcontent.php?editid=8

We are trying to be as up to date as possible and if you have any information which you would like to contribute, you can email me at van2005ko[at]gmail.com
Says you need to be logged in.

gm1121983
Transit Fan
One of the diesel buses that came for 2009 was 0983, and I just saw it at the BTC today.

Tritransit Area
Member Avatar
Transit Enthusiast
gm1121983
Oct 5 2009, 10:44 PM
One of the diesel buses that came for 2009 was 0983, and I just saw it at the BTC today.
Nice - are you based in Reading? I didn't know they were getting more diesel BRTs - is it a 40 footer?

gm1121983
Transit Fan
Yes, it is. The other diesel BRT that came for 2009 is 0984, which is also a 40 footer. Actually, I am a custodian/janitor at the BTC. I think BARTA will mainly be purchasing hybrids from this point forward, and four more are supposed to come next year.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Local Transit Systems · Next Topic »
Add Reply