Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home | News | Site Map
Frequently asked about links:

Active Topics Around the Forums

Current SEPTA's Bus & Light Rail Assignments by Depot (includes Norristown High Speed Line)
Push Pull Assignments
Vehicle Overhaul Status Page
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Update on NovaBus
Topic Started: Apr 26 2012, 12:17 PM (87,283 Views)
thelemaque87
Transit Fan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Does anyone know what kind of specifications that SEPTA wants to have integrated into the transit vehicles or any other information about the Nova's?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tritransit Area
Member Avatar
Transit Enthusiast
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hybrid electric technology is all I know about thus far

thelemaque87
Transit Fan
Tritransit Area
Apr 26 2012, 12:36 PM
Hybrid electric technology is all I know about thus far
So does that mean they received funding to get the hybrids instead of the diesels?

Tritransit Area
Member Avatar
Transit Enthusiast
Yessir - at least for the first 2 batches of buses

thelemaque87
Transit Fan
Well thats a relief because I am a little tired of those noisy Cummins engine powered on diesel and its a shame Detroit Diesel no longer makes engine for transit anymore...smh.
Edited by thelemaque87, Apr 26 2012, 01:11 PM.

Septa_kid
Member Avatar
What if...
thelemaque87
Apr 26 2012, 01:09 PM
Well thats a relief because I am a little tired of those noisy Cummins engine powered on diesel and its a shame Detroit Diesel no longer makes engine for transit anymore...smh.
You DO realize that the EPA 2010 Cummins ISL sounds the same in a hybrid as it does in a diesel right?

This video features a bus powered by a EPA 2010 Cummins ISL engine and a ZF Ecomat 594 transmission

Now if SEPTA was looking at diesel and got the ZF Ecolife transmission, the bus would barely make a sound at all

Ecolife powered bus

In other words, it really wouldn't have mattered, they still would be quiet boring vehicles....

thelemaque87
Transit Fan
Septa_kid
Apr 26 2012, 01:39 PM
thelemaque87
You DO realize that the EPA 2010 Cummins ISL sounds the same in a hybrid as it does in a diesel right?

This video features a bus powered by a EPA 2010 Cummins ISL engine and a ZF Ecomat 594 transmission

Now if SEPTA was looking at diesel and got the ZF Ecolife transmission, the bus would barely make a sound at all

Ecolife powered bus

In other words, it really wouldn't have mattered, they still would be quiet boring vehicles....
Did you hear how the NABIs in NJ Transit are being recalled?

thelemaque87
Transit Fan
Septa_kid
Apr 26 2012, 01:39 PM
thelemaque87

Ecolife powered bus

Did you hear how the NABIs in NJ Transit are being recalled?

Septa_kid
Member Avatar
What if...
I've heard about that, however my post isn't about NABIs. This was about Cummins engies.... those were the only examples I could post without any trouble (apperently people get offended if you link to their youtube videos)

thelemaque87
Transit Fan
Septa_kid
Apr 26 2012, 08:59 PM
I've heard about that, however my post isn't about NABIs. This was about Cummins engies.... those were the only examples I could post without any trouble (apperently people get offended if you link to their youtube videos)
Yea the Cummins were a little silent on the videos.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Bus and Trackless Trolley · Next Topic »
Add Reply