Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home | News | Site Map
Frequently asked about links:

Active Topics Around the Forums

Current SEPTA's Bus & Light Rail Assignments by Depot (includes Norristown High Speed Line)
Push Pull Assignments
Vehicle Overhaul Status Page
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NABI 416 discontinued
Topic Started: Mar 2 2014, 03:33 PM (1,179 Views)
Nabi60SFW9620
Foamer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://www.nabiusa.com/

From looking at the available products for NABI the NABI 416 is now discontinued. So does this mean NJTs NABI delivery is complete? And if so it appears they are stuck with low floor next time they get new buses. Unless they decide to purchase MCIs to replace the NABIs when the time comes as early as 2021.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

septa105R5
Member Avatar
Super Transit Expert from Wayne (Main Line) to King of Prussia
Yep, NJ Transit should have received one of final NABI 416 from its order.

Hold on, though NABI elects to leave the Standard Floor Bus market, perhaps Eldorado National could fill in the void. Eldorado has offered its new standard floor bus product, the Eldorado Arrivo.

http://www.creativebussales.com/brochures/eldorado/Eldorado_Arrivo_bus_brochure.pdf

Nabi60SFW9620
Foamer
I dont know if that would be a heavy duty transit model or not. I know NJT would properly prefer units with the slide glide entry door. Maybe the front Wheel chair lift. But other then that I dont know how NJT will handle the discontinuing of heavy duty transit high floors. But it wouldnt surprise me if they switched to low floor for future purchases. I know Rabbit Transit even gets Low Floors now that the Gillig Phantom is discontinued. And they purchased high floors until 2006 while 99% of TAs purchased low floor.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Industry Topics · Next Topic »
Add Reply