Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Romancereaders. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Elizabeth Elliott; News!
Topic Started: Nov 6 2008, 11:19 PM (1,307 Views)
EssieLou
Member Avatar
Administrator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Crippes

http://www.elizabethelliott.org

After 10 years of waiting, it appears "The Assassin" is at least in the editing process.

Mine
Short Story
 [
Hmmm....that's good news.

I've read all three of her books...there are only 3, right?...loved The Warlord, the other 2 were so-so.

Wonder which way The Assassin will fall...

EssieLou
Member Avatar
Administrator

Forwarding from EL's site---

Dear Readers,

Happy Holidays, 2008!

My bout of Writerís Block is OVER. And that means itís a very happy holiday season at my house!

The manuscript for The Assassin is in New York with my editor. At last! It will take her a few weeks to get through it, so Iím guessing I will have a verdict by mid-January-ish. Iím absolutely anticipating edits. All of my books required some level of editing and changes at this point. My editor is very good at seeing things Iím now blind to in the story, such as rough transitions that need to be smoothed, or making suggestions about specific scenes that need improvements. I donít want to jinx anything, but this version feels very írightí so I think the final edits will involve few if any major revisions. Weíll see...

I will send out another email when I get the verdict and a better idea of a publication date. In the meantime, Iíve already started on the next book which involves Faulke and Isabel, two minor characters from The Assassin. I decided to stay in my medieval world rather than jump back to the Regency stories for two reasons. First, the characters are alive in my head and telling me what they want to say, and I donít want to muzzle them. Second, Iím living in the medieval world right now and it would take at least a month to move myself into the atmosphere of the Regency world. At this point, Iím going to keep it simple and stay where Iím at, deep in 13th century England.

Another project Iím looking forward to ó Iím going to completely revamp my website in January. I was just too busy with the manuscript to take on this project until now, but Iíve been getting grief about its barely-there nature. For someone with my IT resources...Well, several of my friends say theyíre embarrassed for me.

So, thatís the news from here. Iím just thrilled that the muse boycott is over and I can get the stories out of my head and onto paper again. Itís been a long, strange trip, and I really appreciate all of my readers who have been so loyal throughout this process.

THANK YOU! Happy Holidays!!

EssieLou
Member Avatar
Administrator

More news this AM

Notice the new site is at www.elizabeth-elliott.com but www.elizabethelliott.org will get you to the same place.

If you would like a sneak peak at The Assassin, click on the ďbookshelfĒ tab, and then click on the flags or the picture of The Assassin to see a PDF version of the first chapter.

schnuppi
Member Avatar
Katie

I don't know if I asked you this before (I only remember that you told me once about an author you liked) so Im sorry for having only half a brain :blink:

What are her books like? Is there someone you can compare her with? I guess if someone can keep you interested for 10 years her books would be worth reading Butthug

EssieLou
Member Avatar
Administrator

Hmmm,
To me they are as good as Kleypas and a 10 times better than Deveraux.

schnuppi
Member Avatar
Katie

Ooookay... that are both writers I haven't read doorhide

Im not that big on historicals but I would like to find some good ones worth reading!

EssieLou
Member Avatar
Administrator

Have you read "Lord of Scoundrels"? Because "Warlord" reminds me a great deal of that.

Seriously, her books are great (all 3 of them)

schnuppi
Member Avatar
Katie

No, I haven't read that one. I guess now is a good time to give her a try because if I should get hooked on her books her new one comes out soon tass

CeeJay
Member Avatar
Trilogy
EssieLou
Jan 23 2009, 09:38 PM
Hmmm,
To me they are as good as Kleypas and a 10 times better than Deveraux.
Based on that Essie, sounds like another author I need to put on my TBR pile -I'm a big Lisa Kleypas fan and Jude Deveraux, I have a couple of her books ... TankU

MelissaB
Member Avatar
Epic Saga
 [
I enjoyed The Warlord a lot. The main H/H were very engaging. I only wish one minor detail wouldn't have happened but I understand why it did. The ending was very good and sweet.

I still need to read the other two. I own one of them, I am not sure which. But I am working on my TBR pile finally so I will try to get to it.

EssieLou
Member Avatar
Administrator

Soundrel is the next and it's a fav of mine....the couple fall in love gradually.

Betrothed is her third, and while it's not awesome, she does incorporate some things that are interesting (Italian history) etc.

Her books aren't anxiety producing for me....they're pleasant reads from the beginning to the end.

Susiq2
Susiq2

EssieLou
Dec 31 2008, 01:56 AM
Forwarding from EL's site---

Dear Readers,

Happy Holidays, 2008!

My bout of Writerís Block is OVER. And that means itís a very happy holiday season at my house!

The manuscript for The Assassin is in New York with my editor. At last! It will take her a few weeks to get through it, so Iím guessing I will have a verdict by mid-January-ish. Iím absolutely anticipating edits. All of my books required some level of editing and changes at this point. My editor is very good at seeing things Iím now blind to in the story, such as rough transitions that need to be smoothed, or making suggestions about specific scenes that need improvements. I donít want to jinx anything, but this version feels very írightí so I think the final edits will involve few if any major revisions. Weíll see...

I will send out another email when I get the verdict and a better idea of a publication date. In the meantime, Iíve already started on the next book which involves Faulke and Isabel, two minor characters from The Assassin. I decided to stay in my medieval world rather than jump back to the Regency stories for two reasons. First, the characters are alive in my head and telling me what they want to say, and I donít want to muzzle them. Second, Iím living in the medieval world right now and it would take at least a month to move myself into the atmosphere of the Regency world. At this point, Iím going to keep it simple and stay where Iím at, deep in 13th century England.

Another project Iím looking forward to ó Iím going to completely revamp my website in January. I was just too busy with the manuscript to take on this project until now, but Iíve been getting grief about its barely-there nature. For someone with my IT resources...Well, several of my friends say theyíre embarrassed for me.

So, thatís the news from here. Iím just thrilled that the muse boycott is over and I can get the stories out of my head and onto paper again. Itís been a long, strange trip, and I really appreciate all of my readers who have been so loyal throughout this process.

THANK YOU! Happy Holidays!!

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!! beercheer Jumphappy TankU

Niki J
Member Avatar
Short Story
 [
This sounds like another author for me to check out. Sorry for dredging up all the older threads everyone but I'm finding some great recommendations for my reading pleasure!

BookJunkie
Member Avatar
Karen
Dredge away - I may see something I missed the first time through! ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Author Information · Next Topic »
  • Pages: