Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Romancereaders. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
IN NEED of a hardcore protective alpha-males!!!!!!
Topic Started: Jan 24 2009, 07:26 PM (9,258 Views)
salma1988
Member Avatar
Flyer
I 'm a newbie and I'm veeeeery happy to join all of you Jumphappy . I've been a romance addict for many many years and I'm always in search for new books to enjoy rdng . I read all genres esp paranormal, suspense, historical. I also enjoy reading about a possessive alpha hero. It's my biggest weakness. I looooooooooove a protective man who's willing to move heaven and earth to make sure his sweetheart is happy and safe. Could you PLEASE recommend me some books that feature such hero?
These are some books I've read and enjoyed:
Christine Feehan's Dark series
Judith McNaught A Kingdom of Dreams, Whitney, my love
Lora Leigh's SEAL's AND THE BREEDS series
Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series
Gena Showalter "Atlantis " & "Lords of the Underworld"
Karen Marie Moning series " Highlander"
Kresley Cole " MacCarrick Brothers" & "Immortals After Dark"
EVERYTHING by Amy J Fetzer
Julie Garwood Highlands' Lairds series
Julia Quinn "Bridgerton" series
Cherry Adair "T-FLAC"
EVERYTHING by Nicole Jordan
EVERYTHING by Sabrina Jeffries
EVERYTHING by Jacquie d'alessandro
Jillian Hunter "Boscastle Family" series
There are others believe me but that's all i can remember right now Hissylaugh.
oh yes how come i forget the glorious Linda howard !!!
Well then pokpok what about u ? *wink*

tracymc
Member Avatar
Epic Saga
 [
Welcome Salma1988

Have you tried

Johanna Lindsay's older books - The Mallory Clan, her viking books were great
Lisa Kleypas
Gaelen Foley - Pirate Prince, Princess & Prince Charming & The Knight Family books are a good read.
Shannon Drake - Bride of the Wind

Hope that helps for now, once more members come on later you'l end up with loads of recommendations. snny

schnuppi
Member Avatar
Katie

I second Johanna Lindsey's viking books! The heroes were great.

I also like J.R. Wards Brotherhood heroes. I know the later books don't have much romance going on and Phury isn't my favorite hero but I love the first couple books. The heroes are very alpha.

You might also enjoy Cindy Gerard's Bodyguard series. The guys are very alpha and protecting Droolicon

Maybe you want to check Elizabeth Lowells Undisputed Land series. The order is
1. Untamed
2. Forbidden
3. Enchanted
Very alpha heroes!!!

Another contemporary writer that might fit the bill would be Lisa Marie Rice. Her heroes are usually some sort of soldiers but they always have a soft spot for the heroine

ETA: I forgot Anne Stuarts ICE series. The heroes are so alpha they are more gamma :blink: But I love 'em
Edited by schnuppi, Jan 24 2009, 08:07 PM.

CeeJay
Member Avatar
Trilogy
Welcome Salma , Lovely to have someone new to chat to !..

Your list has so many of my favourites on it !....I can't believe you don't have Shannon McKenna on there !....Her books are fantastic - I would recommend you reading them in order as they have recurring characters ...

Behind Closed Doors
Standing In the Shadows
Out of Control
Edge of Midnight
Extreme Danger
Ultimate Weapon.....are all linked by brothers and she has written 2 standalones,
Hot Night and Return to me , which are very good too...

Enjoy ! Kissykiss

tracymc
Member Avatar
Epic Saga
 [
schnuppi
Jan 24 2009, 07:56 PM

I also like J.R. Wards Brotherhood heroes. I know the later books don't have much romance going on and Phury isn't my favorite hero but I love the first couple books. The heroes are very alpha.

You might also enjoy Cindy Gerard's Bodyguard series. The guys are very alpha and protecting Droolicon

1. Untamed
2. Forbidden
3. Enchanted
Very alpha heroes!!!

Another contemporary writer that might fit the bill would be Lisa Marie Rice. Her heroes are usually some sort of soldiers but they always have a soft spot for the heroine

ETA: I forgot Anne Stuarts ICE series. The heroes are so alpha they are more gamma :blink: But I love 'em
Schnuppi, what genre are Ann Stuart's Ice series?

schnuppi
Member Avatar
Katie

tracymc
Jan 24 2009, 08:43 PM
schnuppi

1. Untamed
2. Forbidden
3. Enchanted
Very alpha heroes!!!

They are contemporary suspense. The heroes are operatives of a organization called The Comitee and of course they are out there to catch the meanest villians ever. The heroes are very dangerous, they don't feel anything - until the heroine comes along. They are supposed to kill the heroine at one point or another and that's one reason why the books are so exciting. You constantly have this dangerous feeling going on.

The order is
1. Black Ice
2. Cold as Ice
3. Ice Blue
4. Ice Storm
5. Fire and Ice

tracymc
Member Avatar
Epic Saga
 [
schnuppi
Jan 24 2009, 08:49 PM
tracymc
schnuppi

1. Untamed
2. Forbidden
3. Enchanted
Very alpha heroes!!!

They are contemporary suspense. The heroes are operatives of a organization called The Comitee and of course they are out there to catch the meanest villians ever. The heroes are very dangerous, they don't feel anything - until the heroine comes along. They are supposed to kill the heroine at one point or another and that's one reason why the books are so exciting. You constantly have this dangerous feeling going on.

The order is
1. Black Ice
2. Cold as Ice
3. Ice Blue
4. Ice Storm
5. Fire and Ice
TankU

salma1988
Member Avatar
Flyer
CeeJay
Welcome Salma , Lovely to have someone new to chat to !..

Your list has so many of my favourites on it !....I can't believe you don't have Shannon McKenna on there !....Her books are fantastic - I would recommend you reading them in order as they have recurring characters ...

Behind Closed Doors
Standing In the Shadows
Out of Control
Edge of Midnight
Extreme Danger
Ultimate Weapon.....are all linked by brothers and she has written 2 standalones,
Hot Night and Return to me , which are very good too...

Enjoy ! Kissykiss
Quote:

I can't believe you don't have Shannon McKenna on there !....Her books are fantastic

you're absolutely right CeeJay. i can't believe i forgot to mention her chairbeat . she's one of my best authors. I've already read all of her books and damn right she is fantastic. and "Behind Closed Doors" is my favorite. i love Seth to DEATH guilli .

MelissaB
Member Avatar
Epic Saga
 [
We have similar tastes. Here are some you didn't list:

Pamela Clare - Surrender, Untamed, Ride the Fire, Extreme Exposure, Hard Evidence, Unlawful Contact

Lisa Marie Rice - Midnight Man, Midnight Run, Midnight Angel, Port of Paradise

Nalini Singh - Psy/Changling series (awesome paranormal romance series)

J.R. Ward - BDB

C.L. Wilson - Lord of the Fading Lands

Tami Hoag - Lucky's Lady
Edited by MelissaB, Jan 25 2009, 06:55 AM.

Susiq2
Susiq2

MelissaB
Jan 25 2009, 06:52 AM
We have similar tastes. Here are some you didn't list:

Pamela Clare - Surrender, Untamed, Ride the Fire, Extreme Exposure, Hard Evidence, Unlawful Contact

Lisa Marie Rice - Midnight Man, Midnight Run, Midnight Angel, Port of Paradise

Nalini Singh - Psy/Changling series (awesome paranormal romance series)

J.R. Ward - BDB

C.L. Wilson - Lord of the Fading Lands

Tami Hoag - Lucky's Lady
Christine Feehan wrote an early story that I personally loved named The Scarletti Curse. The hero is so hot, protective, and brave. If you have not read it, I highly recommend it for a fabulous evenings entertainment..

mickeyv2006
Flyer
I'd try Double Standards by Judith McNaught - hard to find, but worth it! Nick Scallion is totally an alpha-male... :)

EssieLou
Member Avatar
Administrator

I remember that book! And yes, Judith McNaught does write pretty alpha alphas.

Brooke246
Unregistered

Eidolon by Adeline Blue. Her Entanglement series has some very protective guys in it-- the kind who would move heaven and earth. I am like you and I was in love with how much of that was in this book!

ajithaam
Flyer
Hi,

Some of the books I enjoyed reading :

Roxie Rivera - Protector series
Lora Leigh - Breed series (Paranormal)
Sydney Landon - Lucian & Lia series
D.D.Prince - Nectar Triology (Paranormal)
Rebecca Zanetti - Dark protectors series (Paranormal)
Cora Reilly- Born in blood Mafia chronicles

ajithaam
Flyer
Lylas James Tainted Hearts series is also great
J.C. Cliff Blyss trilogy

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Looking For · Next Topic »