Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Training at the crack of Dawn
Topic Started: Feb 27 2010, 12:21 PM (401 Views)
technicalwayne
Member Avatar

Family and work comittments are making it harder for me to train and i am finding i am getting out of the garage later and later at night.

In terms of scheduling there are a lot of advantages to me training early in the morning before work - if i can get my arse out of bed.

Do any of you guys train early in the morning, or have tried it and can give me any feedback on if it was a positive experience?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pint
Member Avatar

I have tried all sorts to manage my training + 70hour a week work, + young family.

Early morning training is pretty good, but its almost impossible to get carbs in prior to training at this time. So I always find that you have to get in for short session, hit it hard with a limited quantity workout so you get the benefit before the lack of food finds you short of energy.

I could do a solid 25 mins (more or less) with three excercises, four sets of each. Done. If I try to do more or add in cardio before, energy levels empty out (you have also been all night without eating!!!).

Then eat well, protein shakes and loads of carbs - hit the showers on a high - off to work!!

This is what works for me when I have to do early training.

Good luck - do what you can, when you can :up

chi

i train first thing, look about 3-4 weeks before i was fully comfortable with it. I have a protein and malto shake ready in the morning which i fill and neck as soon as my alarm goes, about 30 minutes before i hit the gym. Caffeine tabs are good on sluggish mornings.

Bushingman
Member Avatar

I have been advised in the past that training first thing out of bed isn't a good idea due to the spine being very stiff in the morning as your discs are at their biggest after a nights sleep. I use to do it though but i would have breakfast first then walk the dog then train but it meant getting up really early. Never deadlifted that early though cos of this.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Training · Next Topic »
Add Reply