Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The End Of An Era?; don't pull the plug from Cinehound!
Topic Started: Jun 27 2015, 08:41 AM (1,536 Views)
shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I understand why Miltos wants too shut the forum down ...... but why wait so long .... he could have shut the forum down 3 years ago, so why now?
shut down the sale part ..... can remember this was allready a toppic some years ago.

I love the cinehound forum, and I think it should stay online, even I am not using posting on ehre anymore. I do still use the forum the read old toppics, or to use it as reference.
it would be a pitty to delete the forum, because it is a document with loads of information about weird movies old formats etc. wouldn't know an other place were I can find this information.

what I really find sad, and I can read I am not the only one. that the forum is (raped) used by some members as their own personal sale platform. we all sold something on here, but some really abused the forum.

I have been thinking and starting (never ending)a few times on a website were I can display my video/movie collection. organising my tapes on country and label. perhaps it is a nice Idea to do this on cinehound. I am sure their are many more members here that would like to display their complete collection. gert-jan allready mentioned he just bought a new scanner.

the forum should stay, sale part should go.

lets start the use the forum as a video archive :up: :tapelove:

(I even changed my signature for this post ;) )
Edited by shootgringoshoot, Jun 28 2015, 09:18 AM.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
OCP
Jun 28 2015, 11:20 AM
Why are you (and some others) so offended by the sales topic?
because the sales topic is by many used as their own ebay platform.
many members only use the sales topic and dont use any of the other topics on the forum.

if you close the sale part, many members (who only use the sale part) wont use the forum anymore.
less people will stay, but atleast the post that will be posted are about movies etc

you can still trade tapes if you want ..... pm people and go through their posts to see what kind of movies they have in their collection.

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
yes you are right

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Forum Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply