Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The End Of An Era?; don't pull the plug from Cinehound!
Topic Started: Jun 27 2015, 08:41 AM (1,541 Views)
Harm
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
It's interesting that people who are passionate about an old, somewhat redundant, format shift away from forums (an old and redundant format). This has nothing to do with people selling tapes here.

Forum posting is a pain in the ass when you want to add pictures. Facebook is easier and more likeminded people will find you, whatever group you start on there. This is not a thing of this forum specifically, but all forums.

With the years, and the information available thanks to place like Cinehound, people have become more knowledgeable about what stuff is worth. It's stupid to trade a EUR5 tape for EUR40 tape. I have made mistakes like this years ago and learned from it, but I've also had luck the other way round. So can't complain there.

By the way, I'm sure you are familiar with this: Years ago one would post a pic/sleeve scans of new finds, and in no time loads of people would bombard you with pm's, because they want that tape you just managed to get. In that regard the current situation is better. And more transparent.

Lastly, the economy is still a bitch! And the first thing that people do in such situations is getting rid of collectibles. Prices drop, et voila, you have a buyer's market. Same tapes I sold for figure X are now worth only 10-20% of that. To hell with that. I'd rather bin a tape, than send it to some vulture who offers EUR10 for a EUR50 tape, and his bid included fucking shipping (I'm not kidding, and this happened multiple times).

Anyway, did great trades here, sold some stuff, and bought some. Got info and knowledge of stuff I didn't even know about. But stuff changes, what do you do...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Forum Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply