Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The End Of An Era?; don't pull the plug from Cinehound!
Topic Started: Jun 27 2015, 08:41 AM (1,535 Views)
OCP
Member Avatar
Star Member
I've only been a member here since two years. So most of the collectors you referred to were already gone when I joined. It's not that I started collecting two years ago...I just rediscovered my love for tapes again. Problem was that I did not have these special tapes to trade...or had a lot of doubles in my collection. So buying them was often the only way to expand my collection (and still is). In that light it makes kind of sence that I spent a lot of time in the sales thread. On the other side I enjoy reading about background stories, rare new finds and lists by label, genre, etc.
Facebook does not provide in those categories at all...I hope Cinehound will still be around for a while!

I AM MEMBER 4322!!! ;)
Edited by OCP, Jun 27 2015, 11:01 PM.
VHS ninja blog
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OCP
Member Avatar
Star Member
shootgringoshoot
Jun 28 2015, 09:13 AM
shut down the sale part ..... can remember this was allready a toppic some years ago.

...that the forum is (raped) used by some members as their own personal sale platform. we all sold something on here, but some really abused the forum.

the forum should stay, sale part should go.

Why are you (and some others) so offended by the sales topic? First of all it's easier to communicate. Second of all you know who the other contenders are. And then it's also used for trading....and sometimes there are rarities up for sale. Isn't it part of collecting strange and weird movies?
Maybe Cinehound was used in a different matter years ago...if you want it to be like that again, closing the sales topic won't change all that. Well...maybe it transformes into this great library it already is.

Anyway...in the end it's up to Miltos.
VHS ninja blog

OCP
Member Avatar
Star Member
Well...then you chase some members away.
Does that mean everybody will start talking about movies again? Are they all silent because of the sales topic?

I do get the point Cees has made...regarding the trading business changing into sales.
But that sounded like the natural order of things. I'm more curious as of why all these early members just stopped using the forum.

(and I also trade via pm...although that takes a lot more time)
Edited by OCP, Jun 28 2015, 10:29 PM.
VHS ninja blog

OCP
Member Avatar
Star Member
shootgringoshoot
Jun 28 2015, 11:58 AM
yes you are right
That was not my reason for debating this sales-topic business ;)

I rather would like to think about how to make the forum more appealing to users...instead of excluding topics.
But then I need to know what happened to all the former user.
VHS ninja blog

OCP
Member Avatar
Star Member
Well...it seems everybody that is still around here, uses the forum for different reasons.
Maybe a questionnaire amongst 'ex'-users may help to revive the forum...then again, I think a lot of collectors are just done collecting or debating movies. So do you want to keep it alive for this select club of die-hards, or attract new people...or kill it?
VHS ninja blog

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Forum Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply