Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Onar Films" lives again
Topic Started: Jun 30 2015, 03:01 PM (2,689 Views)
Canisius
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Nice to hear that the spirit of Onar Films lives on!

How likely is a future release of some Cuneyt Arkin classics like Vahsi Kan, Insan Avcisi, En büyük yumruk or Ölüm savascisi. I'd love to have those released on DVD or even VCD! :up:
Edited by Canisius, Nov 2 2015, 07:49 PM.
"These Parker House Rolls-they belong to my Ma!"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Canisius
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
jnfernal
Nov 3 2015, 05:44 AM
there's some western announced as future release. let's see. I don't think they will release some Arkin's movies. They would cost too much in copyright. Most likey Gala Film or Horizon International would repress them, even if without english subites and any shadow of extra material
Are you referring to repressings of the flicks I mentioned? I'm a little confused...because those haven't been released digitally afaik. :unsure:

Canisius
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
jnfernal
Nov 8 2015, 06:02 PM
Gala Film/Horizon International/Fanatik (which are, more or less, the same company) have the copyright of at least 4500 turkish movies, included almost every Cuneyit Arkin and Yilmaz Guney movie...the problem is that they don't care to make them on DVD or VCD
Expecially now that there are new laws where a company has to pay copyrights and royalties to directors and actors. They will probably release some in the future, but with total lack of care in the product (they won't spend time in finding the better source available, they won't spend time in subtitling in english unless they pay somebody who will use google translate, they won't pay too much attention at all)....
Anyway, Cuneyit Arkin and Yilmaz Guney's movies would be generally re-released by major labels only, here. If they will ever be.
And Aztek is not interested in releasing their movies....they wont to offer only special items with less commercial actors. Even because a Cuneyit Arkin or Yilmaz Guney movie will cost at least twce or triple in copyiright. And they don't give anything for free here. Already a Kunt Tulgar's movie costs 12500 US$ in copyright. Cuneyit Arkin's ones cost no less than double for a private company not "linked" nor "protected" like Gala Film/Horizon/Fanatik which - more or less - are state-sposored companies
Thanks for filling me in on the oddness of the copyrights of Turkish C-movies! :up:
It's hard to understand that those company is more or less sitting on the copyrights instead of just releasing them though. :unsure:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Turkish Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply