Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Onar Films" lives again
Topic Started: Jun 30 2015, 03:01 PM (2,691 Views)
okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Enlighten a newcomer, what makes Onar Films so special?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Oh, I see. Thank you for your fast answer.
It is good to see that people in Turkey aren't hiding from this part of their culture and try to bring back some of the movies on a modern medium.

okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I'm not a member of Facebook so I appreciate every news you guys smuggle to our forum :D
Lets assume the DVDs they want to release are ready ... where should I buy them? I would like to support them and of course I want to see the movies.

okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Any news?

okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Thanks for keeping us updated jnfernal!
Any news on how we could buy the movies though? I still don't want to create an account on Facebook and I guess many others here, too.

okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Just a quick question about Onar Films, were the discs burned dvd-rs or pressed discs?

okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Are the new Onar Film and Aztek Film Production somehow related?
Minos posted a thread with a new DVD release, strange to suddenly see two companies popping up. :o

okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Oh ok, I wrote an email to him (Ali Murat Güven) and he answered that the movies are only on DVD-Rs because it would be too expensive to press them.
Kinda a bummer when I read that Onar released original pressed ones back in the day even though he released only one fourth of the amount as Aztek does now.

okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
jnfernal
Jun 25 2016, 04:21 PM
DVDr ???? Can somebody confirm this information???
I can only quote what Aztek wrote me via email:

Quote:

Our DVD releases are limited editions, only 1999 numbered legal copies. Factory authorities said that they will print it with using high technology, but not work with stamper.
[...]
In this case, our DVD's are first class Mitsubishi 9 GB dual layer discs and they work properly. We are satisfied with the technical results.[...]

okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
And this is also relevant and may clear things up:

Quote:

So, it is a perfectly produced item, licenced, legal, factory made, but not printed with stamper. It is not a home made simple burning disc, a mixture of two technologies. They requested 1000 USD extra payment for a steel stamper, bu we couldn't effort to pay it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Turkish Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply